Senior UI/UX Designer
San Francisco, CA
Tempo is looking for a senior UI/UX designer to join our Product Team! This role will further help us reinvent the user experience of manufacturing - to create an experience that is transparent, empowering, and delightful.
Traditionally, this experience has been extremely onerous for hardware engineers - filled with back and forth emails, phone calls - only to get something back late and with quality issues. Tempo's user experience contains a visual, manufacturing simulation of a hardware design, as well as other tools to get design for manufacturing (DFM) feedback, to help engineers to focus on the creative and make the best design decisions.
Tempo is the world's fastest electronics manufacturer - with a design upload to delivery in as fast as 3 days - using software-driven automation to deliver complex designs with unprecedented speed, quality, and transparency. Tempo is working with ambitious engineers building re-usable rockets, satellites, autonomous cars, medical devices, and more. Tempo's connected factory is based in San Francisco - come help us build the future of manufacturing!
- 5+ years of working experience as a Product Designer (UI/UX) within a B2B (commercial) space
- Proven examples of creating a work flow from start to finish
- Proficient in web design
- Experience with early customer iteration and communication
- Knowledgeable of the latest design technologies (REACT, Flag Design, Material design, etc.).
Nice to have:
- 3+ years of commercial product design experience
- Strong information design skills with a solid foundation in UX design heuristics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent graphic design skills (layout, typography, color)
- Mastery of design tools: Sketch, Illustrator, and/or Photoshop
- Ability to generate pixel-perfect production assets
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Superb attention to detail
- Comfort collaborating with customers, sales and marketing, engineering, and operations
- Ability to synthesize and analyze huge amounts of information
- Ruthless prioritizer
- Own the user experience and brand strategy of Tempo products
- Translate abstract ideas and requirements into tangible and beautiful design deliverables.
- Help to invent a modern and elegant visual language that spans the desktop, web and hardware experience
- Act as a champion for utility, aesthetics, and ease of use
- Create and improve design documentation including storyboards, mockups, information architecture and prototypes
- Collaborate with Software, Hardware, Marketing and the Leadership team
- Conduct user research and integrate user feedback and business requirements
- Unlimited vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting from work and we trust you to responsibly manage your vacation time and get your work done. We offer an open vacation policy for salaried employees.
- Exceptional benefits package – We value healthy employees. We cover 100% of the premium for our base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave- We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid paternal leave to make this possible.
- Flexible stock options – We view options as real compensation, not a ball and chain. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Weekly lunches and office snacks – We know nothing says thank you like free food. We offer a stacked snack drawer and free companywide lunches to bring everyone together and fuel the journey.
- San Francisco office location – We offer a convenient San Francisco location. Don’t live in the city? We offer commuter benefits to help.
- Commuter Benefits package- However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees a range of commuter benefits to compensate for their time on the road.
- Transparent and sociable culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, semi-annual off sites to discuss the broader vision, and biweekly socials.