Developer Success Engineer
Within the United States /
Product – Developer Success /
We are expanding our team! You can be anywhere in the U.S. and in the Pacific time zone outside of the U.S., and in other various countries as noted for specified positions.
If you are looking to be a part of an amazing team, have a passion for open-source software, and building a strong developer community, then come join us! Temporal helps developers focus on the important things, like writing business logic, and spend less time worrying about the underlying infrastructure. We have a great open-source community filled with awesome developers (who are also our users!) that provide us with real-time feedback and contributions. Temporal is also backed by top VC firms and has a team of professionals from other successful start-ups and well-known technology companies. We always work toward building the best community, and if these things interest you too, we’d love to hear from you.
The Developer Success Engineer will act as the frontline for our community which includes:
- Providing solutions to common issues, application architectural guidance and other developers questions on Slack, Discord, Discourse, Zendesk and more.
- Building relationships and representing the needs of community members, customers and our partners.
- Conducting architecture reviews with users (ranging from individuals to Fortune 10 companies), providing them necessary guidance so they can confidently build Temporal applications.
- Architecting, curating and contributing to a knowledge base to increase the support team's leverage.
- Working with engineering and product teams to triage bugs, identify new features for the product and align on deliverables.
- Identifying and establishing metrics which help us improve the quality of support we provide and the scale at which we can provide it.
- Adhering to a set of standards and etiquette for support at Temporal.
- Establish areas of technical proficiency across the Developer Success organization to further develop technical expertise/skillsets as the organization grows
- Mitigate the workload of requests into Engineering while maximizing the user experience
- Develop new strategies and processes for how to enable our users to self-service or one: many capabilities
- Advocate for our developers and customers internally, and help the broader team connect more deeply with our users.
- Actively promote Temporal in our community, and create valuable content for our users, including blog posts, videos, etc.
What you bring to us
- 8+ years of experience as a developer, preferably fluent in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, Golang, TypeScript
- Experience with deployment and managing medium to large-scale architectures (e.g., Kubernetes or Docker).
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana and troubleshooting performance and availability issues
- Minimum of one year experience in an internal or external customer-facing role.
- Passion for helping others regardless of who they are or how they act.
- Experience working with or as part of remote teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Seek to understand first, lead with data, and rely on facts.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in customer-facing positions such as a professional services consultant, solutions architect, customer engineer, etc.
- Experience with security certificate management and implementation
Ability to understand use cases and translate them into Temporal design decisions and architecture best practices
Technologies: EKS, GKE, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, OpenTracing, Terraform/Ansible/CDK
- The estimated pay range for this role is $130,000 - $180,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Temporal's equity plan.
- 401K plan
The successful candidate's starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills and experience. Temporal is growing, and we welcome great people to enable our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge 'standard' thinking, and want to influence our future.
- 100% coverage of premiums for you and your dependents for Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave for birth parents and 12 weeks of leave for non-birth parents, including adoptive and foster parents
- AD&D, long- and short-term disability, and life insurance (both standard and supplemental)
- Unlimited PTO
- Home office stipend ($1,000/yr) to make your working space comfortable.
- Monthly wellness allowance to help you stay happy and healthy.
- Collaborative, productive, and fun team
What team members are doing at Temporal
Collaborating across teams to improve the developer experience, deliver world-class open-source software, engage with and support our user community, and enhance our commercial SaaS platform.
Temporal Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Temporal Technologies does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We embrace and celebrate differences and diversity.
We are not working with agencies, thanks.