Senior / Staff Software Engineer - Data Pipelines
Within the United States /
Engineering – Cloud /
We are expanding our team! You can be anywhere in the U.S. and in the Pacific time zone outside of the U.S., and in other various countries as noted for specified positions.
If you are looking to be a part of an amazing team, have a passion for open-source software, and building a strong developer community, then come join us! Temporal helps developers focus on the important things, like writing business logic, and spend less time worrying about the underlying infrastructure. We have a great open-source community filled with awesome developers (who are also our users!) that provide us with real-time feedback and contributions. Temporal is also backed by top VC firms and has a team of professionals from other successful start-ups and well-known technology companies. We always work toward building the best community, and if these things interest you too, we’d love to hear from you.
The Temporal Cloud Engineering group is looking for an engineer who has demonstrated a track record of developing horizontally scalable, resilient, and performing-under-load distributed systems in a production environment. Your primary focus will be on building a data platform with ETL/ELT workflows and dimensional data models. This is a unique opportunity as you will gain experience with the Temporal open source server and our cloud services while building this framework.
What You’ll Do
- Build a reliable and scalable data platform leveraging big data technologies like Spark, Flink, Kafka, Pravega, etc.
- Design, implement, and operate services that will process hundreds of millions of records daily
- Collaborate with product managers and other engineering teams to build new features and products for business needs
- Provide mentorship to junior engineers
What You Bring to Us
- 6+ years of experience developing a globally distributed data services platform
- 5+ years of coding experience (Go, Java/Scala, Python, or other applicable languages)
- Experience developing and operating large-scale data pipelines, as well as demonstrated knowledge of technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, SQL, etc.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams
- Capable of operating from conception through the continuous operation of 24x7 services. Ideally, you have experience in a production DevOps/DataOps environment
What is Good to Have
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Azure is a plus
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge/experience building GDPR, SOX compliant systems
- The estimated pay range for this role is $190,000 - $220,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Temporal's equity plan.
The successful candidate's starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills and experience. Temporal is growing, and we welcome great people to enable our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge 'standard' thinking, and want to influence our future.
- 100% coverage of premiums for you and your dependents for Medical, dental/ortho, and vision benefits
- AD&D, long- and short-term disability, and life insurance (both standard and supplemental)
- 401K plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave for birth parents and 12 weeks of leave for non-birth parents, including adoptive and foster parents
- $1,500/year Learning, career development
- $1,200/year Lifestyle Spending Account
- $1,000/year In-home office setup (This is in addition to what Temporal will issue you, which is a laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, trackpad, and extension power cable as well at no cost to you)
- $500/year Professional Memberships
- $300/month Work From Home Meals
- $74/month reimbursement for Internet added to your paycheck once a month
- Subscription to the Calm App to promote mental health & wellness
- An "All Access" pass to a WeWork location
What team members are doing at Temporal
Collaborating across teams to improve the developer experience, deliver world-class open-source software, engage with and support our user community, and enhance our commercial SaaS platform.
Temporal Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Temporal Technologies does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We embrace and celebrate differences and diversity.
We are not working with agencies, thanks.