Product Marketing Manager
Within the United States /
Marketing – Product Marketing /
We are expanding our team! You can live anywhere in the U.S. and Canada, or from another country if specified in the job posting.
Temporal is growing, and we welcome great people to enable our growth. We are looking for those who share our values, challenge 'standard' thinking and want to influence our future. If you want to be part of an amazing team, have a passion for open-source software, and a desire to build strong developer communities, then come join us!
Temporal helps developers focus on the important things, like writing business logic, and spend less time worrying about the underlying infrastructure. We have a great open-source community filled with awesome developers (who are also our users!) providing us with real-time feedback and contributions. Temporal is backed by top VC firms, with a well built team of professionals from various successful start-ups and well-known technology companies. We always work toward building the best community, and if these things interest you too, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our team and help the company establish itself as a category-defining platform. This is a central role with strategic value that spans engineering to product, into marketing, and with a heavy influence in sales. Temporal has redefined the model for how developers will write code. We are also redefining the future of how a got to market strategy is crafted and executed. This is a unique opportunity to "write the book" on how Product Marketing can serve as a central role in this modern developer/product led approach.
In this role, you will be a member of the growing Product Marketing team and will join a function that has only recently been started. You will define the structure and frameworks that will help drive the GTM of the company for now and into the future.
As a team, we strive to be great and believe that brands are built by the brands you build. We are curious about how things work (product and processes) and intent on helping others understand complex concepts. We are a change agent within the company and beyond and have a unique empathy for sales. We communicate effectively and can evangelize their beliefs in both written and verbal form.
You will play a role in all aspects of Product Marketing including message development, solutions definitions, sales enablement, competitive position, pricing and more. The key focus areas and direct responsibilities for this role will include:
- Define, develop and curate the message & position for Temporal across all levels of message (company, audience and product)
- Be a leader in the sales organization. Create compelling tools and educate our sales team on the market, our solution and it's value. sales
- Develop high quality, high value core marketing assets that improve our conversion rates and build a market.
- Lead cross functional, integrated campaigns into our audience for both product launches and solutions marketing.
- Contribute to a central repository of customer knowledge by documenting and categorizing customer use cases and value
You will have the room and the support to get creative in how we work. You are a self starter, fairly autonomous, yet a valued member of the company that delivers high quality output.
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing
- Experience in the software industry, preferably with developer tools
- Experience partnering with a developer relations function a plus
- Experience in sales or product management a plus
- Understanding of the go-to-market strategy of emerging companies
- Some technical acumen is required. Can you speak at a high level of "how things work"
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
The estimated pay range for this role is $135,000 to $185,000
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Temporal’s equity plan.
- Unlimited PTO, 12 Holidays & 2 Floating Holidays
- 100% Premiums Coverage for Medical, Dental / Ortho, and Vision Benefits
- AD&D, LT & ST Disability, and Life Insurance (Standard & Supplemental Available)
- 401K Plan
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave for birth parents and 12 weeks of leave for non-birth parents, including adoptive and foster parents
- $1,500 / Year Career Development & Learning Stipend
- $1,200 / Year Lifestyle Spending Account
- $1,000 / Year In-Home Office Setup (In addition to Temporal issued equipment - laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, trackpad, and extension power cable at no cost to you)
- $500 / Year Professional Memberships
- $300 / Month Work From Home Meals
- $74 / Month Reimbursement for Internet
- Calm App Subscription for Mental Health & Wellness
- An "All Access" pass to a WeWork location
What Team Members are Doing at Temporal
Collaborating across teams to improve the developer experience, deliver world-class open-source software, engage with and support our user community, and enhance our commercial SaaS platform.
Temporal Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Temporal Technologies does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We embrace and celebrate differences and diversity.
We are not working with external recruitment agencies, thanks.