Senior Software Design Engineer - Language Runtime
Within the United States /
Engineering – SDK /
We are expanding our team! You can live anywhere in the U.S. and Canada, or from another country if specified in the job posting.
Temporal is growing, and we welcome great people to enable our growth. We are looking for those who share our values, challenge 'standard' thinking and want to influence our future. If you want to be part of an amazing team, have a passion for open-source software, and a desire to build strong developer communities, then come join us!
Temporal helps developers focus on the important things, like writing business logic, and spend less time worrying about the underlying infrastructure. We have a great open-source community filled with awesome developers (who are also our users!) providing us with real-time feedback and contributions. Temporal is backed by top VC firms, with a well built team of professionals from various successful start-ups and well-known technology companies. We always work toward building the best community, and if these things interest you too, we’d love to hear from you.
This Senior Software Development Engineer position has high visibility and impact across Temporal and within the Temporal community of developers. This role is hands-on with direct interaction with our developer community. We have enterprise partners leveraging Temporal SDKs in Java, Go, Python, Node.js, and Rust.
What you’ll do
- Design and build Temporal client SDKs by developing open-source packages and libraries in a variety of languages.
- Communicate directly with users of the products you build and make appropriate adjustments.
- Contribute to the product's overall design - SDKs are an integral part of how the system operates. This is a client runtime environment. Click here to see a video "Deterministic Execution in Modern Runtimes"
What you bring us
- At least 6-8 years of professional software development experience.
- Fluency in multiple languages and an affinity for learning programming languages, preferably Java or Go, Rust.
- Experience contributing to open-source projects is a bonus.
- API design and creating libraries experience are a bonus.
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design of large, complex, distributed systems.
- Experience with a variety of things like compilers, frameworks, language patterns, idiomatic programming, writing core libraries, dependency injection, unit testing frameworks, client thread pools, memory leaks, multithreading, and concurrent programming.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field or simply having equivalent experience works great too!
- Experience in communicating technical concepts with developers, other technical teams, and senior management.
- The estimated pay range for this role is $175,000 - $225,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Temporal's equity plan.
- Unlimited PTO, 12 Holidays & 2 Floating Holidays
- 100% Premiums Coverage for Medical, Dental / Ortho, and Vision Benefits
- AD&D, LT & ST Disability, and Life Insurance (Standard & Supplemental Available)
- 401K Plan
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave for birth parents and 12 weeks of leave for non-birth parents, including adoptive and foster parents
- $1,500 / Year Career Development & Learning Stipend
- $1,200 / Year Lifestyle Spending Account
- $1,000 / Year In-Home Office Setup (In addition to Temporal issued equipment - laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, trackpad, and extension power cable at no cost to you)
- $500 / Year Professional Memberships
- $300 / Month Work From Home Meals
- $74 / Month Reimbursement for Internet
- Calm App Subscription for Mental Health & Wellness
- An "All Access" pass to a WeWork location
What Team Members are Doing at Temporal
Collaborating across teams to improve the developer experience, deliver world-class open-source software, engage with and support our user community, and enhance our commercial SaaS platform.
Temporal Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Temporal Technologies does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We embrace and celebrate differences and diversity.
We are not working with external recruitment agencies, thanks.