People Operations Manager
Within the United States /
People Operations – People Operations /
We are expanding our team! You can be anywhere in the U.S., unless otherwise stated in the job description.
If you are looking to be a part of an amazing team, have a passion for open-source software, and building a strong developer community, then come join us! Temporal helps developers focus on the important things, like writing business logic, and spend less time worrying about the underlying infrastructure. We have a great open-source community filled with awesome developers (who are also our users!) that provide us with real-time feedback and contributions. Temporal is also backed by top VC firms and has a team of professionals from other successful start-ups and well-known technology companies. We always work toward building the best community, and if these things interest you too, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and driven People Operations Manager to join our People team. This is a new role, with the opportunity to support the delivery of excellent experiences to employees and bolster our People operations strength. You will lead the execution and scaling of HR systems and processes as we continue to grow. You will be at the heart of a fast-growing, innovative tech startup, responsible for creating, developing, and improving People's operational effectiveness. Reporting to the Head of HR, Geri Murphy, you will play a key role in Temporal’s growth and the evolution of our culture.
You will be part of an innovative team that is distributed across the US and further afield, and you will experience working with passionate folks who are dedicated to the success of Temporal. The People team supports 130 team members (growing fast!), primarily in the US and further afield. Please note this is a US-based fully-remote opportunity, but some occasional travel will be encouraged, such as our twice-annual company offsites.
What you'll do:
- Act as a sounding board for the wider People team, delivering expert advice and guidance on HR and Temporal practices, lead program design for performance management and continuous feedback cycles, and partnering with the broader People team to implement best-in-class practices.
- Take an active role in Temporal’s diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging efforts.
- Create and coordinate employee activities and events that create opportunities for connection and deepen the sense of community.
- Run and iterate on the Temporal Employee Survey - collecting and analyzing responses, partnering with the wider People team and leadership to determine and deliver on actions.
- Be the technical owner of our HRIS (HiBob) and performance and engagement tool (CultureAmp) - managing integrations, data inputs, workflows, reporting, driving improvements, etc.
- Design and provide HR reports, tracking and analyzing HR metrics and using them to inform actions.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements, staying knowledgeable of existing and new legislation and advising leadership on needed actions.
- Managing leave administration - subject matter expert on federal and state leaves for all US states.
- Owner of the employee handbook and Notion pages - maintaining and updating policies and guides in line with legal requirements and industry best practices.
- Creating processes, templates, and guides needed by the People team to communicate with employees.
- Key point of contact for the HR inbox; triaging emails and coordinating responses.
Be a person who understands Temporal’s culture, is passionate about cultivating and preserving it as we scale, and will thrive in a team of hard-working, loyal people who are passionate about efficiency, innovation, and teamwork.
What you bring to us:
- 4+ years of experience in a People Ops/HR role in a technology-focused organization where you owned People Ops practices and delivered measurable results.
- Well-versed with HR systems and tools, HiBob experience is strongly preferred. (Our stack is Lever, Gem, HiBob, Paylocity, Remote.com, CultureAmp, BSwift, and Benepass)
- Experience designing HR practices for a fully distributed organization, preferably a high-growth startup.
- Strong working knowledge of US employment law and compliance, ideally paired with experience working with EOR partners.
- A data-driven approach - capability to analyze HR data and use it to drive action.
- Strong HR data analytics skills with excel/google sheets.
- Intuition, initiative, passion, and creativity - a person who prides themselves on being proactive and able to anticipate needs.
- Incredible organizational skills, with superb attention to detail and a strong ability to execute.
- SHRM, PHR, or similar certifications are a nice-to-have but not required
- The estimated pay range for this role is $120,000 - $140,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Temporal's equity plan.
The successful candidate's starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills and experience. Temporal is growing, and we welcome great people to enable our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge 'standard' thinking, and want to influence our future.
- 100% coverage of premiums for you and your dependents for Medical, dental/ortho, and vision benefits
- AD&D, long- and short-term disability, and life insurance (both standard and supplemental)
- 401K plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave for birth parents and 12 weeks of leave for non-birth parents, including adoptive and foster parents
- $1,500/year Learning, career development
- $1,200/year Lifestyle Spending Account
- $1,000/year In-home office setup (This is in addition to what Temporal will issue you, which is a laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, trackpad, and extension power cable as well at no cost to you)
- $500/year Professional Memberships
- $300/month Work From Home Meals
- $74/month reimbursement for Internet added to your paycheck once a month
- Subscription to the Calm App to promote mental health & wellness
- An "All Access" pass to a WeWork location
What team members are doing at Temporal
Collaborating across teams to improve the developer experience, deliver world-class open-source software, engage with and support our user community, and enhance our commercial SaaS platform.
Temporal Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Temporal Technologies does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We embrace and celebrate differences and diversity.
We are not working with agencies, thanks.