Senior Product Manager - Platform
Within the United States /
Product – Product Management /
We are expanding our team! You can live anywhere in the U.S. and Canada, or from another country if specified in the job posting.
Temporal is growing, and we welcome great people to enable our growth. We are looking for those who share our values, challenge 'standard' thinking and want to influence our future. If you want to be part of an amazing team, have a passion for open-source software, and a desire to build strong developer communities, then come join us!
Temporal helps developers focus on the important things, like writing business logic, and spend less time worrying about the underlying infrastructure. We have a great open-source community filled with awesome developers (who are also our users!) providing us with real-time feedback and contributions. Temporal is backed by top VC firms, with a well built team of professionals from various successful start-ups and well-known technology companies. We always work toward building the best community, and if these things interest you too, we’d love to hear from you.
This role is responsible for establishing Temporal as a platform for highly scalable and fault-tolerant applications. As part of the team, you will develop a product strategy for maximizing the growth of Temporal as a technology and, most importantly, as a platform. After identifying potential investments, you will lead the design and execution of new platform functionality and features.
What you'll do:
- Own the roadmap for new platform primitives, extensibility methods, and core abstractions: drive design, execution, and delivery of new platform functionality and features.
- Identify gaps in the core Temporal "OS" and drive the development of missing abstractions/primitives, which enable fundamentally new use cases and adoption by novel groups of users.
- Drive the development of domain or pattern-specific abstractions to expedite adoption from specific markets or types of applications, such as mission-critical financial transactions.
- Establish an ecosystem around the Temporal platform. We believe the recent movements around Async programming models, Event-driven architectures, Serverless, APIs, etc., are all solutions circling around the same underlying set of problems. Temporal already solves many of these things and does so in a way that can be defined agnostically to the underlying implementation. In this theoretical future, what might be the first killer apps for Temporal?
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to define a strategy for lowering the barrier for users and companies to go all-in on Temporal as a platform, accelerating the adoption and expansion of use cases.
- Collaborate with education, documentation, and support to address platform-specific problems and needs.
- Partner with marketing and advocacy to craft messaging that will resonate with unique developer audiences.
- Work directly with Temporal leadership to define our holistic product strategy.
- Work closely with some of the most respected developer companies and engineers to gain a deep understanding of how we can make Temporal a more inviting platform for others.
- Be a stable presence in the community and business to keep colleagues and users excited about what we’re bringing to developers.
- Bring your unique experiences to discussions and regularly challenge us to embrace new perspectives and approaches.
What will help you succeed:
- Experience with open-source products and interacting with the open-source developer community.
- Experience driving and managing new features through the entire product lifecycle.
- Experience crafting a vision that can bring together stakeholders with a common shared goal.
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the tradeoffs between various approaches and then making an informed decision on what to prioritize and why.
- Experience conducting customer/user discussions and uncovering the real underlying problems they need to be solved.
- Experience building and shipping successful products for highly technical users.
- Hands-on experience with software engineering or programming.
- The estimated pay range for this role is $200,000 - $255,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Temporal's equity plan.
The successful candidate's starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills and experience. Temporal is growing, and we welcome great people to enable our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge 'standard' thinking, and want to influence our future.
- Unlimited PTO, 12 Holidays & 2 Floating Holidays
- 100% Premiums Coverage for Medical, Dental / Ortho, and Vision Benefits
- AD&D, LT & ST Disability, and Life Insurance (Standard & Supplemental Available)
- 401K Plan
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave for birth parents and 12 weeks of leave for non-birth parents, including adoptive and foster parents
- $1,500 / Year Career Development & Learning Stipend
- $1,200 / Year Lifestyle Spending Account
- $1,000 / Year In-Home Office Setup (In addition to Temporal issued equipment - laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, trackpad, and extension power cable at no cost to you)
- $500 / Year Professional Memberships
- $300 / Month Work From Home Meals
- $74 / Month Reimbursement for Internet
- Calm App Subscription for Mental Health & Wellness
- An "All Access" pass to a WeWork location
What Team Members are Doing at Temporal
Collaborating across teams to improve the developer experience, deliver world-class open-source software, engage with and support our user community, and enhance our commercial SaaS platform.
Temporal Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Temporal Technologies does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We embrace and celebrate differences and diversity.
We are not working with external recruitment agencies, thanks.