Senior Product Manager - Cloud
Within the United States /
Product – Product Management /
We are expanding our team! You can live anywhere in the U.S. and Canada, or from another country if specified in the job posting.
Temporal is growing, and we welcome great people to enable our growth. We are looking for those who share our values, challenge 'standard' thinking and want to influence our future. If you want to be part of an amazing team, have a passion for open-source software, and a desire to build strong developer communities, then come join us!
Temporal helps developers focus on the important things, like writing business logic, and spend less time worrying about the underlying infrastructure. We have a great open-source community filled with awesome developers (who are also our users!) providing us with real-time feedback and contributions. Temporal is backed by top VC firms, with a well built team of professionals from various successful start-ups and well-known technology companies. We always work toward building the best community, and if these things interest you too, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role :
At Temporal we are changing the way software is being written by making software more reliable, faster to develop, and easy to troubleshoot. We believe that software applications are becoming more modular, and ever more dependent on external services. And Temporal mission is to ensure the reliable and correct execution of those software and services. Temporal Cloud is the first Durable Execution Engine available as a service.
We are looking for Product managers to oversee the Temporal Cloud functionality and design for our flexible, scalable, and easy-to-use Cloud. We want our Product Manager to have the breadth of skills and experience that will make our product loved by customers - someone who can develop a deep understanding of the Temporal product, deep empathy for customers, and a clear vision of how the product should evolve.
What you'll do:
- Define fundamentally new features and capabilities for Temporal Cloud.
- Work directly with Temporal leadership to define our cloud go-to-market strategy.
- Work with our users who are developers.
- Consolidate inputs and insights from Temporal users and collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive the development of the overarching vision.
- Create new internal and external content to drive adoption, retention, and culture.
- Use your experience, research, and empathy with the developers in our open source community to craft a product story for Temporal.
- Keep stakeholders across the community and business updated, engaged, and excited about our teams' work and why it is valuable and enabling to our users.
- Bring your unique experiences to discussions and regularly challenge us to embrace new perspectives and approaches.
What you bring to us:
- Excellent product management skills backed by concrete technical competency.
- Experience with open source products and interacting with the open source developer community.
- Experience driving and managing new features through the entire product lifecycle.
- Experience with the cloud, including popular primitives, trends, architecture best practices, etc.
- Experience crafting a vision that can bring stakeholders together with a shared goal.
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the tradeoffs between various approaches and then deciding what to prioritize and why.
- Experience conducting customer/user discussions and uncovering the underlying problems that need to be solved.
- Experience building and shipping successful products for technical users.
- Experience with software engineering or programming.
- BS in CS or equivalent and relevant experience.
- The estimated pay range for this role is $200,000 - $255,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Temporal's equity plan.
The successful candidate's starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills and experience. Temporal is growing, and we welcome great people to enable our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge 'standard' thinking, and want to influence our future.
- Unlimited PTO, 12 Holidays & 2 Floating Holidays
- 100% Premiums Coverage for Medical, Dental / Ortho, and Vision Benefits
- AD&D, LT & ST Disability, and Life Insurance (Standard & Supplemental Available)
- 401K Plan
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave for birth parents and 12 weeks of leave for non-birth parents, including adoptive and foster parents
- $1,500 / Year Career Development & Learning Stipend
- $1,200 / Year Lifestyle Spending Account
- $1,000 / Year In-Home Office Setup (In addition to Temporal issued equipment - laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, trackpad, and extension power cable at no cost to you)
- $500 / Year Professional Memberships
- $300 / Month Work From Home Meals
- $74 / Month Reimbursement for Internet
- Calm App Subscription for Mental Health & Wellness
- An "All Access" pass to a WeWork location
What Team Members are Doing at Temporal
Collaborating across teams to improve the developer experience, deliver world-class open-source software, engage with and support our user community, and enhance our commercial SaaS platform.
Temporal Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Temporal Technologies does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We embrace and celebrate differences and diversity.
We are not working with external recruitment agencies, thanks.