Vice President, Revenue Cycle Management
Nashville Home Office
Finance & Accounting
As a key member of the Leadership Team, the Vice President of Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and assumes a strategic role in the overall management of the revenue cycle for all Tend guests. This includes the insurance eligibility, billing and collection functions for the organization. The VP, RCM will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all insurance verifications, billings and collections for services provided by the organization. This will include direct responsibility for negotiating payor contracts; analysis of payor trends; establishment and/or improvement of revenue cycle processes and procedures.
In addition to these core responsibilities, the VP, RCM will drive strategy and implement operational discipline and focus to optimize the revenue cycle function. This role will partner with accounting & finance; operations and other areas to define and drive KPI’s; drive operational effectiveness on revenue cycle management.
- Provide leadership in the development for the continuous improvement of the RCM function and the delivery of increased oversight on procedures and processes.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of 3rd party payor contracts and provide solutions for increasing revenue and decreasing out of network procedures.
- Provide recommendations to the Company on changes in regulatory issues that may affect revenue, billings or collections.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on the RCM function; including but not limited to insurance eligibility/verifications, revenue, adjustments, collections, allowance for doubtful accounts, and staffing metricsDirect short-term and long-range planning to support strategic business goals, including the strategy for payors in new markets.
- Conduct meaningful proactive analysis to improve key business decisions in the area of 3rd party payors. Work with People team to ensure providers are credentialed prior to start date & annually reviewed as part of employment.
- Oversee all RCM staff, including any outsourced functions and build a team for national scale
- BS Degree; MBA preferred
- Experience in multi-site healthcare required
- 10+ years in progressively responsible leadership roles, in RCM for healthcare entitities
- Experience providing strategic leadership of the revenue cycle function in a high growth organizationTeam player with a competitive spirit to excel and the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in developing 3rd party payor relationships Ability to develop, layout, and follow through on detailed plans and programsIntegrative team working style, easy contact, rapid to adaptation, can foster team spiritDemonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Strong people leadership skills, values collaboration and an inclusive work environment.
- Must be comfortable with the high growth/small company dynamic of rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Extremely resourceful, highly creative and high energy, able to brainstorm and implement new ideas.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Our goodie bags are pretty impressive!
Our comprehensive benefits & perks program will make you grin. Employer-sponsored healthcare coverage, 401(k) with an employer match, generous paid time off, and more!
We still have our baby teeth. But the big ones are coming in quickly. Join us as we expand our footprint across NYC and launch into new markets while building a diverse, multidisciplinary team that can bite off anything!