Director of Operations
NYC Home Office
Sink your teeth into something new.
Tend is the world’s first dental wellness experience. Dental care used to be just about your teeth. We make it about your entire wellbeing. With doctors you love, technology that eases, and an environment that soothes, we turn every moment of your visit into a whole-you wellness experience. Before, the best you could hope for was “You won’t feel a thing.” At Tend, we want you to feel something great.
We’re looking for brush buffs, gargle gurus, floss bosses (and novices, too), and anyone who cares about making dentist visits something to savor to join our small and growing team. Headquartered in NYC and Nashville with dental practices opening in Manhattan in 2019, we’re building a totally fresh take on oral wellness, and we want you to sink your teeth in, whether you swear by mint or cinnamon (or chai).
The Director of Operations is responsible for driving continuous improvement & high-performance across Tend studios through optimization of operational processes & procedures, talent planning, and training.
- Leading new studio openings as Tend grows in the NYC market, serving as a project-manager to ensure timely and effective launches.
- Driving continuous performance improvement focusing on leading indicators and established key metrics for the studios, consistently applying a balanced approach focusing on people, financial, and guest experience metrics equally.
- Developing strong cross-functional partnerships that ensure the right support is provided to the studios to improve performance and remove barriers to focusing on the guest, our people, and results.
- Partnering with HQ teams to foster guest connections through in-studio experience, guest journey, new product launches and an in-depth merchandising mentality. Training, coaching, and inspiring all Tend studios to deliver exceptional guest experiences and high quality clinical care, ensuring a commitment to Tend’s operational procedures.
- Leading studio team development through goal setting, coaching and feedback, and an innate understanding of what makes people tick, always connecting development to improved performance and overall business goals.
- Fostering a positive, team-oriented environment with a healthy competitive spirit that ensures the sharing of best practices and a commitment to goal achievement.
- Assist with internal development & succession plans to build a deep bench of top-tier operators at all levels. Developing and coaching an understanding of the Tend vision and principles, and driving recruitment of high-potential internal and external talent.
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven experience balancing focus on new studio openings and existing business performance: can manage multiple projects, delegates freely with quality follow and drive new store support and project management.
- Strong communication skills that engage people in a genuine, authentic way.
- Proactively connects to the team to drive behavior and results.
- Highly organized, able to multi-task, and easily adapts and respond to change.
- 5+ years of experience in operations, preferably clinical operations that encompasses management of both front & back of studio
- 3+ years of multi-unit management
- Disciplined approach to priority setting with the ability to identify the root cause of studio operations and people opportunities, and move quickly to improve performance.
Our goodie bags are pretty impressive!
Our comprehensive benefits & perks program will make you grin! Employer-sponsored healthcare coverage (including the best dental care anywhere!), 401(k) with an employer-match, generous paid time off plus company holidays, ClassPass benefit (because we want you to tend to your whole body), a pre-tax commuter benefit, and more!
We still have our baby teeth. But the big ones are growing in quickly. Join us as we launch our first NYC locations in 2019 and build a diverse, multidisciplinary team that can bite off anything!