Westport, CT /
CT - Westport Studio – Dental Assistant /
At Tend, we do dental differently.
Tend is rewriting the playbook of modern dentistry by building a company around the patient and the provider. We believe that with the power of technology, a hospitality-driven mindset, and a top tier clinical team, we can make going to the dentist something to look forward to.
Since launching in 2019, we have provided exceptional care to over 100,000 patients across five major cities: New York, Washington DC, Boston, Atlanta and Nashville. With thousands of five-star reviews, Tend has become one of the country's top-rated and in-demand dental practices, with over 650 team members to support this mission. We’re continuing to grow quickly and looking for the best of the best to come join our team.
At Tend, we’re combining top-notch care with incredible environments, elevated hospitality, consumer-grade technology, and curated products to redefine going to the dentist as a whole-you wellness experience.
Join the team that makes going to the dentist an experience people look forward to! Reimagining dentistry takes commitment, collaboration and creativity. These are the qualities we look for in our team members.
We're adding a Dental Assistant to the Tend team, to increase the efficiency of the dentist in the delivery of quality oral health care.
- Prepares operatory for the guests and is an integral part of the guest experience flow.
- Prepares guests for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and preparing Studio Guests.
- Provides information to guests and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to the treatment area; positioning instruments for dentists’ access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the guest’s mouth.
- Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
- Maintains guest appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
- Helps dentists manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
- Documents dental care services by charting in guest records.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects guests and other team members by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Licensed Dental Assistant
- CPR/BLS Certification is required
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Engaging personality with high EQ and ability to easily learn new ideas & concepts and apply them to the role of the Dental Assistant in the practice
The Tend Difference.
The highest standard of care, anywhere.
You’ll work with highly-esteemed clinical leadership and experience-obsessed colleagues to provide the best patient experience possible, with access to technology that’s head and shoulders above the average practice. You’ll have exciting opportunities to collaborate with talented team members to make visits extraordinary. Our hospitality-driven approach to care means that patients actually look forward to seeing you.
A top-tier clinical team who puts patients first.
We value science over sales, and promote a culture of warmth and hospitality — our teams are recognized for going the extra mile for our patients. We trust our providers to put patient needs first, and never implement production quotas. We offer a warm, collaborative culture and are proud to be an inclusive, curious team driven by excellence.
A new model that’s a joy to work at.
Tend has become beloved by patients and providers alike for combining beautiful work environments with cutting-edge clinical technology. Our providers are rewarded based on an innovative pay structure, as well as education programs that are training the next generation of industry leaders. And our top-notch total rewards packages include both best-in-class benefits and compensation. You’ll not only have the chance to be part of a thriving, industry-changing company, but empowered to become an expert in your field and supported through continuing education.
Tend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tend is committed to promoting a work environment in which differences are respected, employees are treated fairly, and individual contributions are valued and rewarded. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.