Washington, DC /
DC - Navy Yard Studio – Oral Surgeon /
At Tend, we do dental differently.
Tend is rewriting the playbook of modern dentistry by building a company around the patient and the provider. We believe that with the power of technology, a hospitality-driven mindset, and a top tier clinical team, we can make going to the dentist something to look forward to.
Since launching in 2019, we have provided exceptional care to over 100,000 patients across five major cities: New York, Washington DC, Boston, Atlanta and Nashville. With thousands of five-star reviews, Tend has become one of the country's top-rated and in-demand dental practices, with over 650 team members to support this mission. We’re continuing to grow quickly and looking for the best of the best to come join our team.
At Tend, we’re combining top-notch care with soothing and safe environments, elevated hospitality, consumer-grade technology, and curated products to redefine going to the dentist as a whole-you wellness experience.
Tend’s Oral Surgeon plays a vital role on our team and must be a passionate, service-oriented team member who is committed to our values, our brand principles, and delivering exceptional service to our members. The Oral Surgeon will provide surgical treatment for our members who require specialist orofacial procedures. You will be responsible for patient consultations, procedures, and aftercare ensuring a unique, patient-centric dental experience that supports the values of our brand.
Reimagining dentistry takes a unique and diverse team, all working together through commitment, collaboration, and creativity to create the world’s first dental wellness experience. Join the team that makes going to the dentist an experience people look forward to.
About the Role
- Assist in creating a unique, customer-focused dental experience for patients.
- Utilize diagnostic data to determine needs and treatment goals; develop and discuss treatment plan options with patients.
- Collaborate with General Dentists and Orthodontists to enhance patient experience and treatment.
- Maintain detailed patient records to inform treatment plans and after-care.
- Administer general and local anesthetics, when necessary.
- Perform surgical procedures to extract impacted or damaged teeth, place dental implants and remove tumors and other abnormal growths of the oral and/or facial regions.
- Prescribe medication to improve recovery and control pain after procedures.
- Treat infections of the oral cavity, salivary glands, jaw, face, and neck.
- Providing emergency treatment of orofacial injuries including facial lacerations, and intraoral lacerations.
- Providing support and advice to patients receiving long-term care.
- Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) degree or a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree.
- Successful completion of an accredited oral surgery program and Board Certified.
- Current License to practice dentistry in state where employed.
- CPR/BLS Certification is required
- Technical proficiency with CBCT scan.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and CE.
- Dedication to ensuring the highest quality of care to patients.Leadership skills that value collaboration and an inclusive work environment.
- Extremely resourceful, highly creative, and high energy, able to brainstorm and implement new ideas.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Flexible working hours.
The Tend Difference.
The highest standard of care, anywhere.
You’ll work with highly-esteemed clinical leadership and experience-obsessed colleagues to provide the best patient experience possible, with access to technology that’s head and shoulders above the average practice. You’ll have exciting opportunities to collaborate with talented team members to make visits extraordinary. Our hospitality-driven approach to care means that patients actually look forward to seeing you.
A top-tier clinical team who puts patients first.
We value science over sales, and promote a culture of warmth and hospitality — our teams are recognized for going the extra mile for our patients. We trust our providers to put patient needs first, and never implement production quotas. We offer a warm, collaborative culture and are proud to be an inclusive, curious team driven by excellence.
A new model that’s a joy to work at.
Tend has become beloved by patients and providers alike for combining beautiful work environments with cutting-edge clinical technology. Our providers are rewarded based on an innovative pay structure, as well as education programs that are training the next generation of industry leaders. And our top-notch total rewards packages include both best-in-class benefits and compensation. You’ll not only have the chance to be part of a thriving, industry-changing company, but empowered to become an expert in your field and supported through continuing education.
Tend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tend is committed to promoting a work environment in which differences are respected, employees are treated fairly, and individual contributions are valued and rewarded. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.