Orthodontic Assistant, Sign-On Bonus!
At Tend, we’re combining top-notch care with incredible environments, elevated hospitality, consumer-grade technology, and curated products to redefine going to the dentist as a whole-you wellness experience.
Join the team that makes going to the dentist an experience people look forward to! Reimagining dentistry takes commitment, collaboration and creativity. These are the qualities we look for in our team members.
Tend’s Orthodontic Assistant plays a vital role on our team and must be a passionate, service oriented team member who is committed to our values, our brand principles and delivering exceptional service to our members. The Orthodontic Assistant will work in collaboration with management, providers and clinical staff to earn the trust of our members by personalizing their appointments and clinical care.
We are reframing dental expectations… and that’s all part of the fun!
***We've added a sign-on bonus to our full time Orthodontic Assistant positions. Those hired after 09/01/2020 will be eligible for a $500 sign-on bonus.
- Prepare the studio suite for Tend members and play an integral part of the member experience flow
- Take high quality digital scans and/or x-rays to collect diagnostic data
- Develop member care plans, including assessments and initial evaluations
- Prepare the member for orthodontic treatment by creating a welcoming, comforting environment
- Work independently to provide direct member care including insertion of dental appliances and placement of orthodontic brackets/wires
- Assist doctor chair-side with all aspects of member care and treatment
- Communicate oral hygiene plans as directed by the doctor
- Document completed procedures and recommendations
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
- Protect members and other team members by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
- Maintain orthodontic supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Three years prior experience as an Orthodontic Assistant
- Experience with indirect bonding & lingual braces
- Previous experience with Incognito, Harmony, & Sure Smile strongly preferred
- Orthodontic Assistant Certification Preferred
- Familiarity with digital equipment - scanner & x-rays
- Excellent customer service and member experience skills
- Ability to multitask in a high volume Orthodontic practice
- Flexibility to work a schedule that may include early morning, late evening, holiday and weekend hours.
Our Goodie Bags are Pretty Impressive!
Our comprehensive benefits & perks program will make you grin. Employer-sponsored healthcare coverage, 401(k) with an employer match, generous paid time off, a pre-tax commuter benefit, and much more!
Keeping the Tend Community Safe
We’ve always been committed to providing the highest quality of care for our team and members. During this time, we are taking extra precautions to promote the health and safety of those who work and receive treatment at our studios. From enhanced PPE to sterilized equipment and staggered visit times with on-site temperature checks, we prioritize your health every step. For more information on how we’re making our dental visits safer, please visit:https://www.hellotend.com/notice
We are committed to promoting a work environment in which differences are respected, employees are treated fairly and individual contributions are valued and rewarded. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.