Construction Project Manager
NYC Home Office
Real Estate & Development
Tend is seeking a Construction Project Manager to join our Development team. Reporting to VP of Construction, the CPM will be responsible for capital budget preparation, strategic planning, design adherence and project management ensuring their construction projects and contractors adhere to budgets and timelines. Externally, to be best positioned for success, this individual will foster productive working relationships with the design and construction contracting community that provides services to Tend. Internally, he or she will collaborate across the organization with other departments including Real Estate, Studio Design and Operations.
The ideal candidate enthusiastically takes on new opportunities and challenges and displays an optimistic “one team, one dream” attitude in both good times and bad. S/he is comfortable holding self and others accountable to meet agreed-upon commitments, and demonstrates professional savvy to efficiently get things done with a focus on continuous improvement. The successful candidate has experience making sense of complex and high quantity information, and is able to acquire relevant data from diverse sources when solving problems. If you are energized by a high growth organization and enjoy working collaboratively internally and with external stakeholders, we’d love to speak with you!
You'll likely work on:
- Successfully execute construction projects in NYC and beyond in alignment with organizational mission, strategy, policies, and performance measures
- Working closely with internal and external teams, manage construction projects to approved budgets and timelines within the resources of construction group
- Build and foster productive working relationships with the design and construction contracting communities that provide services to Tend
- Manage external vendor relationship
- Coordinate and conduct regular construction project update meetings
- Coordination of TI collection in conjunction with our Lease Administration team
- Manage project close out and documentation process
- Develop and maintain comprehensive information on building materials, construction processes, trade practices and standards, and applicable building codes and regulations
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- Urban retail construction experience required (largest 10-20 US metros)
- 5 - 8 years’ experience managing projects in a retail construction environment
- Experience with retail lease language for properties 2000 - 5000 square feet
- Experience in contract negotiations and vendor management
- Budget reporting experience for capital expense budgets
- Experience in asset management and tracking
- Knowledge of union and non-union labor pools
Our goodie bags are pretty impressive!
Our comprehensive benefits & perks program will make you grin! Employer-sponsored healthcare coverage (including the best dental care anywhere!), 401(k) with an employer-match, generous paid time off plus company holidays, ClassPass benefit (because we want you to tend to your whole body), a pre-tax commuter benefit, and more!
We still have our baby teeth. But the big ones are growing in quickly. Join us as we launch our first NYC locations in 2019 and build a diverse, multidisciplinary team that can bite off anything!