Business Development and Partnerships Lead
New York /
Tenet's mission is to build the financial system for a climate positive world. Our climate home financing marketplace lets customers save money while saving the climate, starting with Electric Vehicle financing. We provide easy, fast, and innovative financing to let people nationwide achieve their climate goals. This way, we make the sustainable choice the economic one for consumers and provide scalable access to high quality ESG assets for institutional investors.
Backed by leading investors, we have previously worked at world-class companies including Amazon, Avant, Capital One, BCG, DocuSign, Facebook, Google, McKinsey, Tesla, and Vista Equity. We are hiring across multiple roles and looking for exceptionally smart and mission-driven people to join our growing team.
Develop business cases for, and execute on, partnership strategies to distribute Tenet products. Articulate Tenet vision and product suite clearly to potential partners. Conduct discovery work to support new product development that supports partners and Tenet growth.
- Identify and implement high value Tenet distribution partnerships with EV-adjacent and incentive-aligned industries (e.g. utilities, home builders, installers, or dealers)
- Engage partners to ensure they are successful and growing with Tenet via regular product updates and quarterly business reviews
- Negotiate amendments and renewals to contracts as the partnerships evolve and grow with changing business priorities on both Tenet and the partner’s side
- Collaborate with Operations to build and maintain a partnerships CRM that enables rapid GTM testing and implementation
- Innovate on sales processes, pitches, and approaches; provide feedback and enhancements, collaborate with other Tenet teammates to continually improve partner strategy and engagement
- Experience developing and executing partner relationships
- Clear communication, structured thinking, organization and project management skills
- 5-10+ years of experience in Business Development, Partnership Management, Consulting, or Banking
- Proven track record of relationship building and management
- Strong collaborator who can build relationships across the company internally and with partners
- Strong negotiation skills, with an emphasis on driving partner value
- Experience in Fintech, Energy, or Auto
- Strong expertise in financial modeling
- Proven track record of creating value in high growth startups
- Sustainability Driven: A more sustainable future is a more economically empowered future. We strive to make the sustainable choice the most economic one for our customers. We reimagine mission-driven financial technology from the ground up to unlock new opportunities.
- Customer First: We start with the customer and work backward. We work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. We strive for clarity and transparency with our users. Although we assess competition, we focus on our customers.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: We are strategic self-starters that bring a high degree of innovation, energy, and dedication. We identify new opportunities and take action to bring them to market in the simplest possible way. We can build from the ground up, however, are externally aware and look for new ideas from everywhere.
- Communication: We listen attentively, speak candidly, and are succinct. We exhibit a strong presence and deliver with confidence to our internal and external stakeholders. We can clearly articulate complex ideas and information in a compelling narrative to a diverse set of audiences across levels and functional areas.
- Owners are Accountable: We are accountable because we are owners. We think long-term and don’t sacrifice long-term value for short-term results. We act on behalf of the entire company, beyond just our team, role, and job description.
- Results-Oriented: We focus on the key inputs for our business and deliver them with the right quality and in a timely fashion to achieve our business goals. Despite setbacks, we always rise to the occasion and never settle. We meet our commitments.
- Intellectual Curiosity: We consider ourselves to be hyper-curious and always push the boundaries to do things better (or differently) versus just reverting to what is known (status-quo). We are consistently seeking to learn new things and come up the learning curve extremely quickly.
- Obligation to Dissent: We have strong opinions and will debate in an informed and respectful way. We are willing to raise our hands and force difficult conversations (even when uncomfortable) when things are going wrong or could be done better. We do not seek social cohesion. Once we align, we are fully committed.
- Analytically Rigorous: We are data-driven decision-makers. We seek precision and information to support beliefs but can make tradeoffs and do not see the world in terms of black and white. We remain well-informed in terms of customer preferences and perspectives. We audit frequently and are skeptical when metrics and anecdotes are inconsistent. We are not afraid to change our minds.
- Velocity: Speed and direction matter in business. Many decisions and actions are reversible and do not need extensive study. We value calculated risk-taking and consistently execute with precision.
- Business Acumen & Judgment: We exhibit strong judgment and good instincts and are more often right than wrong. We seek diverse perspectives and work to disconfirm our beliefs.
- Foster Talent: We raise the performance bar with every hire and promotion. We recognize exceptional talent and willingly move them throughout the organization. We develop leaders and take their role in coaching others seriously. We work on behalf of our people to invent mechanisms for their development.
- Always deliver the best: We have unreasonably high standards and we continually raise the bar and drive our teams to deliver high-quality products, services, and processes. We ensure that defects do not get sent down the line and that problems are fixed so they stay fixed.
- Think beyond: Thinking small is a self-fulfilling prophecy. We create and communicate a bold direction that inspires results. We think differently and open up better ways to serve customers. As we innovate, we accept that we may be misunderstood for long periods.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Don't see a role that fits your interests? If you're passionate about working at Tenet, then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how you'd like to help build the leading sustainable finance platform.
Please note that we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, background, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status or disability. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please feel free to let us know.