Toronto, Ontario /
Engineering - Systems – Systems Engineering /
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
We are currently in search of experienced Systems Engineers to join our dynamic team. The successful candidates will work on a broad range of systems engineering tasks, including firmware, BIOS, system software, power management, performance analysis, power optimization, and pre- and post-silicon bring-up.
- Develop, optimize and maintain system firmware and BIOS.
- Performance and power verification and validation of Tenstorrent's IP and SOC
- Participate in the design, development, and validation of system software.
- Handle pre and post-silicon bring-up activities.
- Benchmark and analyze performance optimizations for key machine learning algorithms across Tenstorrent hardware and software stack
- Architecture and development of frameworks for automating post-silicon verification, data analysis and debug
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure efficient system performance.
- Drive issue debug found at all phases of product life cycle: bring-up, validation and production
- Document design and implementation details, and train other team members as needed.
Experience & Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in systems engineering, specifically with firmware, BIOS, system software, power and memory management is required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Excellent programming skills (Python, C, C++)
- Interest and knowledge of processor/computer architecture
- Interest in and understanding of machine learning
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think critically.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.