Debug Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA /
Engineering - Software – Pathfinding /
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
The Bare Metal Programming Model for AI processors team is seeking an experienced Debug Software Engineer to join their team. The primary responsibility of this role is to work on the debugger, particularly in relation to GCC and GDB, which are essential tools for kernel programmers of our AI processor built around RISC-V. As a member of the team, you will work closely with experienced engineers in the AI SW stack to drive improvements and new features in the debugger. You will also work collaboratively with the kernel compiler and run-time teams as well as AI kernel developers to improve the debugging experience on our platform. Your work will primarily be open source.
- At least 5 years of experience in system-level programming with proficiency in C/C++.
- Passion for crafting software and tools.
- Familiarity with compiler, debugger, or operating system internals.
- Attention to detail and the ability to reason about complex interactions between different components.
- Familiarity with GCC, GDB, LLVM, LLDB is a plus.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Work on the debugger, particularly in relation to GCC and GDB, which are essential tools for kernel programmers of our AI processor built around RISC-V.
- Collaborate with experienced engineers in the AI SW stack to drive improvements and new features in the debugger.
- Work collaboratively with the kernel compiler and run-time teams as well as AI kernel developers to improve the debugging experience on our platform.
- Support new hardware and platforms.
- Develop features to make debugging even better.
- Own a part of the SW stack, such as the debugger, and develop independence in your work.
Compensation for all engineers at Tenstorrent ranges from $100k - $500k including base and variable compensation targets. Experience, skills, education, background and location all impact the actual offer made.