Mechanical Design Engineer
Toronto, Ontario /
Engineering - Systems – Systems Engineering /
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
We are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our growing team. The ideal candidates will have a background in mechanical or mechatronic engineering, with exposure to electronics co-design, wire harnessing, plastic, metal and printed parts, and other related duties.
- Design and layout of complex, multi-part assemblies, driving designs from concept through to production including machined, printed, molded plastic and off the shelf components.
- Create and maintain assembly drawings, mechanical BOMs, and component vaults.
- Wire harness modeling, adding harnessing to the full mechanical assembly, design for EMC and serviceability.
- Collaborate with PCB engineers to ensure PCB design compatibility with enclosures, thermal systems, and other mechanical components.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input on mechanical design considerations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to prototype design, environmental testing and shipping packaging.
- Document design processes and provide training to other team members as necessary.
- Liaise with external contractors as required and ensure a high level of quality.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, with 5+ years of experience in design, with MAD experience a bonus.
- Exposure to thermal simulation of an asset, IcePak or FlowTherm, etc.
- Significant experience in multi-part mechanical design and fabrication.
- Familiarity with the requirements of injection plastic parts and the tradeoffs of various printing techniques.
- Proficiency with MCAD tools and vault systems, preferably SolidWorks.
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to think critically.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.