Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Boston, MA /
Engineering - Software – Machine Learning /
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
Tenstorrent is looking for an experienced Machine Learning engineer to support our growing customer base as they build Deep Learning models on Tenstorrent hardware. If you're enthusiastic about Machine Learning, are a competent software engineer, and enjoy working with other people, this is your opportunity to be at the bleeding edge of AI processing. You'll get exposure to a broad array of problem types from different industries and be at the forefront of our customer engagements.
- Designing and developing demonstration machine learning and deep learning systems
- Model benchmarking
- Running machine learning tests and experiments on behalf of customers
- Implementing appropriate ML algorithms
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods
- Run machine learning tests and experiments
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results
- Train and retrain systems when necessary
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks
- Develop novel ML models and primitives that take advantage of Tenstorrent’s breakthrough architecture to deliver orders of magnitude performance & efficiency improvements
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Intelligence, Engineering Science, or Math;
- 5 years of experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role (a fleshed out GitHub repo a plus)
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, and software development in Python and C/C++.
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms
- Experience in solving business problems with Machine Learning models
- Familiarity with and passion for any of the following -- machine learning, compilers, parallel programming, high-performance and massively parallel systems, processor and computer architecture -- is a plus
We have presence in Toronto, Boston, Austin, Santa Clara, Portland, and Raleigh. We are open to remote candidates on a case-by-case basis.
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, Tenstorrent is required to ensure compliance with licensing regulations when transferring technology to nationals of certain countries that have been sanctioned by the U.S. government.
As this position will have direct and/or indirect access to information, systems, or technologies that are subject to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, please note that citizenship/permanent residency information and/or documentation will be required and considered as Tenstorrent moves through the employment process.