Physical Design Engineer
Santa Clara, CA /
Engineering - Hardware – Physical Design /
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
The role is physical design for high-performance designs going into industry leading AI/ML architectures. The person coming into this role will be involved in all implementation aspects from synthesis to tapeout for various IPs on the chip. The work is done collaboratively with a group of highly experienced engineers across various domains of the ASIC.
- Work closely with other PD engineers and the front end team to understand the chip architecture and drive physical design considerations early in the project cycle
- Physical design tasks such as synthesis, PnR, timing closure, area improvement, floor-planning, clocking, I/O planning and power optimization
- Learn and implement end-to-end flow development, synthesis to sign off
- Deploy innovative techniques for improving power, performance and area of the design, drive experiments with RTL, and evaluate synthesis, timing and power results
Experience & Qualifications
- BS/MS/PhD in EE/ECE/CE/CS
- Some experience with synthesis, place and route flows and tools
- Basic familiarity with timing, EM/IR, and power analysis tools
- Knowledge of low-power design techniques such as power gating, multi-Vt and voltage scaling
- Strong programming skills in Tcl/Perl/Shell/Python
- Good understanding of logic design fundamentals and gate/transistor level implementation
- Strong problem-solving skills
Austin, TX | Santa Clara, CA
Compensation for all engineers at Tenstorrent ranges from $100k - $500k including base and variable compensation targets. Experience, skills, education, background and location all impact the actual offer made.