Lead Functional Safety Architect
United States /
Engineering - Hardware – Architecture /
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
Tenstorrent is a fast-growing RISC-V CPU and AI Hardware design company. We are seeking a highly experienced Senior Safety Architect to join our hardware design team. As a Senior Safety Architect, you will be responsible for ensuring that quality is maintained throughout the design and development process and all protocols are followed. Results must ensure product safety and proper function and processes are in place to ensure compliance with appropriate standards. The architect will focus on CPU IP, SoC Design, ML/AI/HW Accelerators, and automotive applications, and lead internal cross functional safety and quality engineering projects.
*this position can be based remotely in North America or the EU
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop safety and quality plans for a high-performance CPU and hardware design.
- Devise safety mechanism to achieve diagnostic capabilities for ASIL B and ASIL D IP and SoC as per ISO26262
- Represent processor and its related logic in internal cross-functional safety and quality engineering projects to improve product safety and quality.
- Educate design and verification teams as to the appropriate mechanisms and analysis tools for compliance with ISO26262
- Support customer engagements as a technical expertConsult and influence FuSa requirements into designs, participate in design reviews, and ensure that safety and quality issues identified are addressed.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices in safety and quality engineering, especially in the emerging application areas related to ADAS/AD SAE Level 4+.
- Develop functional safety product requirements into engineering specifications
- Stay up-to-date with the latest safety and quality standards and regulations, and ensure that our products comply with them.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior safety and quality engineers on the team.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 8+ years of relevant experiences in safety and quality engineering in the semiconductor industry, with a focus on SoC and CPU designs.
- Proven execution experience in functional safety and quality engineering for superscalar CPU and hardware design.
- Direct and relevant experience with ISO26262 (FuSa)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams and projects.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience with implementation, testing and validation procedures to ensure that all products meet safety and quality standards.
- Experience working in other safety critical industries such as aerospace, defense, medical, industrial, etc
- Experience with Chiplet development and/or distributed safety mechanisms
If you have a passion for functional safety and a desire to work with cutting-edge technology in the automotive industry, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
We are open to remote locations / EU.
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, Tenstorrent is required to ensure compliance with licensing regulations when transferring technology to nationals of certain countries that have been sanctioned by the U.S. government.
As this position will have direct and/or indirect access to information, systems, or technologies that are subject to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, please note that citizenship/permanent residency information and/or documentation will be required and considered as Tenstorrent moves through the employment process.