EVSE Systems Validation Engineer
San Francisco or Remote /
TeraWatt Infrastructure /
About TeraWatt Infrastructure
At TeraWatt, our mission is to power electrified fleets with the most reliable network of charging centers. Our platform provides solutions on the leading edge of the transition to zero-carbon transport. TeraWatt’s various functions embody the company’s core values to achieve our goals.
With increasing demand for electric vehicles, we are facing a once-in-a-century technology transition. The EV charging market for Fleets is expected to grow to $15 billion by 2030. The nation needs a long-term partner in the inevitable transition to all-electric transportation. At TeraWatt, you will join your team in delivering quality end-to-end charging solutions. TeraWatt Infrastructure is the leader in financing, developing, and operating electric vehicle charging solutions. With the transition to electrification of transport imminent, now is the time to develop these assets.
The future of electrified transportation requires innovation and a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy, real-estate, and charging infrastructure. TeraWatt's business model builds on the economics of renewable energy project development and a proven real estate strategy. TeraWatt is well established with a portfolio of properties spanning 18 states. These sites include charging solutions in key transportation corridors and logistics hubs. Client needs span urban mobility hubs, last mile fleet operators, and long haul electric trucking.
At TeraWatt, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide energy and charging solutions that delight our clients and support the transition to clean, electrified transport. We are building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At TeraWatt, we promote inclusion, humility, energizing relationships, and we welcome new ideas. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Impact to Climate Change:
Transportation creates 23% of all greenhouse gas emissions each year. Electrifying transportation is priority #1 to impact climate change. By electrifying fleets, we can mitigate more than 70% of mobility CO2 urban emissions, remove 50% of city air pollution, and help fleet operators meet Net Zero commitments.
Terawatt's goal is to lead the industry in reliability and set the model example of EV charging uptime, especially for fleets. The Terawatt brand name should equal the most reliable charging experience in the industry.
One of Terawatt's Core Values is "Electrify the Customer". This role is key contributor to allow our fleet customers to successfully complete a charging session by helping validate the highest quality EVSE hardware on the market. TeraWatt is looking for an EVSE Systems Validation Engineer to specify, test, and validate end-to-end charging system functionality including hardware, firmware, communications, and cloud-based software.
This role is a key contributor in ensuring TeraWatt's charging systems operate at the maximum uptime while providing a seamless customer experience by skillfully finding, reporting, and tracking through correction any system or device-level issues, bugs, or glitches. You will be the ability to create a new program and use your expertise to help If you have familiarity with real-time systems, the Internet of Things, or EV charging; have a track record of writing and executing test cases, and are passionate about product quality, we would like to meet you.
What You Will Get To Do:
- Responsible for testing of charging system and feature in electric vehicle covering standard AC and DC Charging.
- Create a greenfield EVSE testing and validation program.
- Help influence the highest quality EVSE partner selection by validating strategic EVSE vendor's hardware for quality. reliability and uptime.
- Debugging, leading and owning the responsibility of finding solution to interoperability issues both vehicle and OCPP.
- Clearly communicate test results, collaborate with stakeholders globally to discuss issues detected and work on next action plan
- Track the issues observed in testing, participate in triaging those with Software Developers/Systems Engineers for root cause identification and its solution
- Partner with Product, Field Service, and Technology teams to achieve the highest industry standard reliability.
- Partner with Technology and Real Estate teams to create a hardware testing and validation facility.
- 2+ years of testing background in power systems, EV charging stations (or related) domain
- Experience and technical background in EV vehicle operation, charging ecosystem, and EVSE
- Strong knowledge of system-level testing, requirements, data capturing and analysis.
- Experience with electrical signals, CAN, LIN, Ethernet, PLC Communication.
- Knowledge of IEC61851, J1772, DIN70121, ISO15118, GB/T 38775, CCS1, CCS2.
- Experience with tools such as CANaylzer/ CANoe, Wireshark, CANape, Sniffer, Jama, Jira.
- Ability to travel to support testing with vendors.
In addition to the preferred qualifications, knowledge of firmware development is a big plus.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification.
At Terawatt, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.