Project Development Manager
San Francisco or Remote /
TeraWatt Infrastructure /
About TeraWatt Infrastructure
At TeraWatt, our mission is to power electrified fleets with the most reliable network of charging centers. Our platform provides solutions on the leading edge of the transition to zero-carbon transport. TeraWatt’s various functions embody the company’s core values to achieve our goals.
With increasing demand for electric vehicles, we are facing a once-in-a-century technology transition. The market for EV charging infrastructure is expected to grow to $1 trillion by 2040. The nation needs a long-term partner in the inevitable transition to all-electric transportation. At TeraWatt, you will join your team in delivering quality end-to-end charging solutions. TeraWatt Infrastructure is the leader in financing, developing, and operating electric vehicle charging solutions. With the transition to electrification of transport imminent, now is the time to develop these assets
The future of electrified transportation requires innovation and a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy, real-estate, and charging infrastructure. TeraWatt's business model builds on the economics of renewable energy project development and a proven real estate strategy. TeraWatt is well established with a portfolio of properties spanning 18 states. These sites include charging solutions in key transportation corridors and logistics hubs. Client needs span urban mobility hubs, last mile fleet operators, and long haul electric trucking.
At TeraWatt, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide energy and charging solutions that delight our clients and support the transition to clean, electrified transport. We are building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At TeraWatt, we continuously strive to foster inclusion, humility, energizing relationships and belonging, and welcome new ideas. We're growing and want you to grow with us. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Impact to Climate Change:
Transportation creates 23% of all greenhouse gas emissions each year. Electrifying transportation is priority #1 to impact climate change. By electrifying fleets, we can mitigate more than 70% of mobility CO2 urban emissions, remove 50% of city air pollution, and help fleet operators meet Net Zero commitments.
You are captivated with the idea of developing sites that enable the rapid scaling of the electric vehicle electrification market and the infrastructure required to support the transition to electrified transport. In this role, you will have the responsibility for managing execution of project development activities for priority sites, starting from close of site acquisition through start of construction. Such activities may include permitting, interconnection, engineering design and stakeholder engagement. You will have mastery of important technical concepts. You bring critical thinking and interpersonal communication skills (oral and written) necessary for a range of responsibilities from quantitative fluencies to successful external public and commercial stakeholder engagement. You have a proven ability to take ownership and initiative. You prioritize attention to detail, time management, and organization in your work to manage multiple projects, including site-specific project schedules, budgets, and other internal project control and reporting tools. With a demonstrated experience in project management in EV, renewable energy or related fields, you will bring development expertise and hands-on leadership to grow with the team to deliver outstanding EV solutions and sites. By developing future transportation infrastructure, you will directly impact vehicle fleet operators' confidence and success in electrification.
- Lead end-to-end management of development for multiple large-scale EV charging infrastructure projects, consisting of greenfield or brownfield elements, building demolition, and on-site energy assets, such as battery energy storage, solar photovoltaic and low emission generators.
- Report to management regularly on project development progress and setbacks and lead regular project management meetings to communicate progress and expectations to all stakeholders in a timely and clear manner
- Conform and enhance project control tools for your projects, such as schedules and budgets
- Identify and coordinate with external consultants, such as engineering and land use consulting firms, and internal subject matter experts to support project development activities
- Proactively address potential issues and manage tasks to advance project development activities
- Lead process for management approval of detailed development and construction budget forecasts
- Analyze various elements required to deliver a viable site and develop schedule recommendations for completion timelines
- Work cohesively and collaboratively with internal stakeholders from Business Development, Product, Energy & Utilities, Technology, Site Operations, Sales & Business Development and Finance team
- Be a principal evangelist for the electrification of transport, and the Company’s role in making it happen
- 6 - 10 years experience in construction or engineering project development or management, including for complex projects, in any of the following: renewable energy development, vehicle electrification, EV charging infrastructure, clean energy, power grids, freight or fleet transport and logistics
- Familiarity with large project management tools, software, contracting structures and projects
- Demonstrated experience in project management, with organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Four-year degree, equivalent, or higher level degrees in business administration, urban planning or engineering fields.