Senior Accountant / Controller
San Francisco or Remote /
TeraWatt Infrastructure /
About TeraWatt Infrastructure
The once in a century technology transition from combustion engines to electricity for transport will require a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy and charging infrastructure, and real estate that accommodates these uses over the next decade. This transformation is rapidly accelerating, and TeraWatt is the leader in developing, financing, owning and operating the charging solutions and infrastructure that will change how goods and people move.
To facilitate this transition for clients, TeraWatt delivers end-to-end charging solutions, with the infrastructure to support it, at scale. Whether for an urban mobility hub, a last mile fleet operator, or long-haul electric trucking, TeraWatt brings the talent, capabilities, and capital to create reliable, cost-effective solutions for customers on the leading edge of the transition to zero carbon transport.
With a growing portfolio of properties currently spanning 18 states in key transportation corridors and logistics hubs, TeraWatt is building the permanent electric vehicle charging infrastructure of tomorrow through a robust combination of property assets, financing capabilities, and infrastructure and energy management solutions. We develop, finance, own, and operate charging solutions that take the cost and complexity out of electrifying fleets. With a business model based on well-established economics of renewable energy project development and a proven real estate strategy, TeraWatt was founded, in the absence of anything like it, to be the nation’s trusted and reliable, long-term partner in the inevitable transition to all-electric transportation. With the transition to electrification of transport imminent, now is the time to develop these assets.
At TeraWatt, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide energy and charging solutions that delight our clients and support the transition to clean, electrified transport.
Impact to Climate Change:
Transportation creates 23% of all greenhouse gas emissions each year. According to many experts, electrifying transportation is priority #1 to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions and thus the impact to Climate Change. By electrifying fleets, we can mitigate more than 70% of mobility CO2 urban emissions, remove 50% of city air pollution, and help fleet operators meet Net Zero commitments.
TeraWatt has complex structures at the corporate level and within its portfolio of assets. We are looking for a Senior Accountant / Controller (title depends on experience) to take over the management of the accounting for TeraWatt and our assets. You will have proven industry experience as an accountant in a senior role. As a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst, you will make it your mission to streamline our budgeting and financial reporting processes. You will produce financial-status reports for senior management to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth.
As the leader of the accounting team, you will be in charge of closely monitoring TeraWatt’s financial health. This can include maintaining, managing, and analyzing financial statements, payroll, budgets, tax compliance issues, and more. You will manage our currently outsourced team of accountants and eventually build an internal team. You will report directly to the SVP of Finance. You will also have experience with real estate portfolio management and property transaction accounting.
- Assess current accounting operations and offer recommendations for improvement and implement new processes
- Oversee regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines
- Manage external accounting team and eventually build team in-house
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of investments, loans, government incentives, etc.
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures
- In conjunction with the CFO, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Coordinate activities of external auditors
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field
- 10+ years proven accounting experience
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP)
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis
- Solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills
- Real estate portfolio and transaction accounting experience
- 5+ years experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager
- Exemplary history of financial project management
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
- Professional accounting certification, including CMA, CGA, or CA
- CPA highly preferred