Team Lead - Field Service Operations
San Francisco or Remote /
TeraWatt Infrastructure /
About TeraWatt Infrastructure
At TeraWatt, our mission is to power electrified fleets with the most reliable network of charging centers. Our platform provides solutions on the leading edge of the transition to zero-carbon transport. TeraWatt’s various functions embody the company’s core values to achieve our goals.
With increasing demand for electric vehicles, we are facing a once-in-a-century technology transition. The EV charging market for Fleets is expected to grow to $15 billion by 2030. The nation needs a long-term partner in the inevitable transition to all-electric transportation. At TeraWatt, you will join your team in delivering quality end-to-end charging solutions. TeraWatt Infrastructure is the leader in financing, developing, and operating electric vehicle charging solutions. With the transition to electrification of transport imminent, now is the time to develop these assets.
The future of electrified transportation requires innovation and a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy, real-estate, and charging infrastructure. TeraWatt's business model builds on the economics of renewable energy project development and a proven real estate strategy. TeraWatt is well established with a portfolio of properties spanning 18 states. These sites include charging solutions in key transportation corridors and logistics hubs. Client needs span urban mobility hubs, last mile fleet operators, and long haul electric trucking.
At TeraWatt, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide energy and charging solutions that delight our clients and support the transition to clean, electrified transport. We are building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At TeraWatt, we promote inclusion, humility, energizing relationships, and we welcome new ideas. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Impact to Climate Change:
Transportation creates 23% of all greenhouse gas emissions each year. Electrifying transportation is priority #1 to impact climate change. By electrifying fleets, we can mitigate more than 70% of mobility CO2 urban emissions, remove 50% of city air pollution, and help fleet operators meet Net Zero commitments.
Terawatt's goal is to lead the industry in reliability and set the model example of EV charging uptime, especially for fleets. The Terawatt brand name should equal the most reliable charging experience in the industry.
One of Terawatt's Core Values is "Electrify the Customer". As the Team Lead - Field Service Operations, you will be responsible for ensuring that all of our energy & charging assets are operating optimally. Reliability and responsiveness to customers will be a core aspect of our success as a company. and you’re the hand of all hands, internal and external, to get the job done. We’re looking for someone entrepreneurial at heart that can build out a field service and operations function that knows how to execute.
The Team Lead - Field Service Operations is responsible for developing, maintaining and improving the service level agreements established with 3rd party vendors and provided to fleet customers for charging services at TeraWatt charging centers. In this critical role, you will help lead these efforts, being a trusted partner to customers and internal teams alike. As a player coach, you will be able to leverage your deep knowledge of SLAs for technical services, EV charging hardware and software, and fleet customer needs to provide a world class charging experience for the customer, transforming a collection of assets into a fully functional EV charging facility.
- Commission and maintaining TeraWatt’s energy and charging sites.
- Integrate and onboard new sites with TeraWatt’s systems.
- Be accountable for managing customer SLAs.
- Develop uptime and availability metrics for TeraWatt charging hubs.
- Collaborate with third party EVSE vendors to establish and document service level commitments and protocols.
- Develop O&M contracts with 3rd party vendors in the short term. Long term help build out a field service team.
- Manage 3rd party vendors servicing of EVSE and DERs at TeraWatt charging facilities.
- Help develop scalable internal protocols for engaging and managing 3rd party EVSE vendors.
- Partner with Product, Finance, and Technology teams to achieve continuous process improvement.
- Partner with Technology and Real Estate teams to create a hardware testing and validation facility.
- 5+ years of direct experience in the renewable energy, power systems and/or EV charging industry managing assets in a field service capacity.
- Experience at, or engaging and managing, 3rd party vendors for technical services, such as EVSE, distributed energy resources, and/or utility scale power generation.
- Built out the processes, protocols, and systems necessary to execute field service activity.
- Track record of establishing, measuring, documenting and enforcing service level agreements for technical services.
- Experience with a diversity of OCPP-enabled EVSE hardware including DC Fast chargers.
- Desire to test new solutions, including in coordination with third party software services
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification.
At Terawatt, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.