Data Scientist, EV Charging Software & Services
San Francisco, California /
TeraWatt Infrastructure /
About TeraWatt Infrastructure
The once in a century technology transition from combustion engines to electricity for transport will require a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy and charging infrastructure, and real estate that accommodates these uses over the next decade. This transformation is rapidly accelerating, and TeraWatt is the leader in developing, financing, owning and operating the charging solutions and infrastructure that will change how goods and people move.
To facilitate this transition for clients, TeraWatt delivers end-to-end charging solutions, with the infrastructure to support it, at scale. Whether for an urban mobility hub, a last mile fleet operator, or long-haul electric trucking, TeraWatt brings the talent, capabilities, and capital to create reliable, cost-effective solutions for customers on the leading edge of the transition to zero carbon transport.
With a growing portfolio of properties currently spanning 18 states in key transportation corridors and logistics hubs, TeraWatt is building the permanent electric vehicle charging infrastructure of tomorrow through a robust combination of property assets, financing capabilities, and infrastructure and energy management solutions. The company develops, finances, owns, and operates charging solutions that take the cost and complexity out of electrifying fleets. With a business model based on well-established economics of renewable energy project development and a proven real estate strategy, TeraWatt was founded, in the absence of anything like it, to be the nation’s trusted and reliable, long-term partner in the inevitable transition to all-electric transportation. With the transition to electrification of transport imminent, now is the time to develop these assets.
At TeraWatt, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide energy and charging solutions that delight our clients and support the transition to clean, electrified transport.
The Company is creating first of its kind EV charging solutions and products for the newly developing mobility, heavy trucking and fleet electric vehicle market. The Data Scientist, EV Charging Software & Services, is responsible for developing databases and analyzing electric consumption, vehicle and charging data for use by Asset Managers, Energy Managers and Finance. This individual will integrate various charging related data streams from utility data systems, EV service providers systems and TeraWatt in-house or developed systems. They will be responsible for building tools and analytics to support TeraWatt's project development activities, EV charging assets, operating entities, Asset Managers and B2B partners. The Data Scientist will report to the VP, Solutions.
- Build systems and manage information flows from relevant charging infrastructure operations, including from charging software, electric utilities and distributed energy resources
- Coordinate with charging software vendors to master data sets, data validation practices and key points of failure
- Analyze vehicle fleet usage and charging patterns to optimize EVSE infrastructure and fleet depot operations
- Develop charging data solutions and analytics requirements documentation
- Identify and integrate with third party software and data services via REST and SOAP APIs and other data delivery methods
- Create in-house solutions to support TeraWatt’s charging asset operations
- Build scalable, automated processes and systems to enable the company to scale while achieving efficiency gains
- Partner with Product, Finance, and Operations to achieve continuous process improvement, including refinement of operating model and services offering for charging customers
- 2 to 3 years of experience in data science, inclusive of applied projects during academia
- Past role at software company or internal departments working with utility data, energy generation data, electric vehicle or fleet data, or vehicle telematics
- Python, SQL-based languages, or other relevant computer programming competencies
- Extreme detail orientation
- Desire to build new solutions, including in coordination with third party software services
- EV owner, a plus!