Director, Finance and Partnership Structuring
San Francisco, California /
TeraWatt Infrastructure /
About TeraWatt Infrastructure
The once in a century technology transition from combustion engines to electricity for transport will require a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy and charging infrastructure, and real estate that accommodates these uses over the next decade. This transformation is rapidly accelerating, and TeraWatt is the leader in developing, financing, owning and operating the charging solutions and infrastructure that will change how goods and people move.
To facilitate this transition for clients, TeraWatt delivers end-to-end charging solutions, with the infrastructure to support it, at scale. Whether for an urban mobility hub, a last mile fleet operator, or long-haul electric trucking, TeraWatt brings the talent, capabilities, and capital to create reliable, cost-effective solutions for customers on the leading edge of the transition to zero carbon transport.
With a growing portfolio of properties currently spanning 18 states in key transportation corridors and logistics hubs, TeraWatt is building the permanent electric vehicle charging infrastructure of tomorrow through a robust combination of property assets, financing capabilities, and infrastructure and energy management solutions. The company develops, finances, owns, and operates charging solutions that take the cost and complexity out of electrifying fleets. With a business model based on well-established economics of renewable energy project development and a proven real estate strategy, TeraWatt was founded, in the absence of anything like it, to be the nation’s trusted and reliable, long-term partner in the inevitable transition to all-electric transportation. With the transition to electrification of transport imminent, now is the time to develop these assets.
At TeraWatt, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide energy and charging solutions that delight our clients and support the transition to clean, electrified transport.
As a Director, Finance and Partnership Structuring, you will be a deal leader in driving structured finance capital raising efforts and closing partnership deals. As a deal leader on the financial capital raising side, you will develop a deep understanding of financial participants' needs and risk tolerance, as well as in the way that they transact and structure deals. You will play a central role in developing transaction structures specific to different sector verticals and EV charging use cases. You will own the full deal process from using your network to identify target investors, developing transaction structuring, pitching investors, negotiating documentation, and closing deals.
As a deal lead in partnership structuring, you will work with the business development and partnership teams to develop a deep understanding of the way that business is done in different fleet sectors. You will be able to employ deep subject matter expertise in deal structuring to support deal origination and negotiations with partners. You will own the financial projections and economics that will be central to partnerships and create value for the Company. You will work collaboratively across the Company to build insights in transaction structure for internal teams to drive product development and deliver results.
You will support Company leadership in managing investor and partnership relations, including investors at both the corporate and fund level. You will create and maintain open and collegial lines of communication with investors. You will direct the development of and management of reporting to investors.
- Responsible for leading, originating and executing complex financial transactions
- Direct the generation of forecast financial pro formas to determine capital budgeting and return profiles for project investment decision making by Company leadership
- Support management of funds controlled by the Company, including managing relations with investors and the board of directors and directing reporting and analysis
- Develop, leverage and manage relationships with financial players, including banks and investors across a variety of instruments, including project debt, construction financing and project equity
- Lead negotiations and financial arrangements on partnership deals
- Play an integral role with business development and partnership teams to determine deal structure and economics
- Drive thought leadership in developing transaction structures across multiple product and sector offerings taking into account risks and return dynamics
- Work closely with internal stakeholders including Product, Project Development, and Business Development to support product development and go-to-market strategy
- Explain complex financial information to Company leadership, investors and non-financial personnel
- Support corporate and fund capital raising activities with CEO and SVP, Finance and Structuring
- Work independently in a nascent, emerging market to identify the highest value transaction structures and value generation opportunities
- 6 - 8+ years experience with financial deal making and financial structuring in power and renewable energy projects or other infrastructure projects
- Bachelor's degree required ideally within a Financial discipline, MBA a plus
- Demonstrable deal closing list
- Experience in leading deals from origination to negotiation and through closing
- Experienced in financial analyst tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, SQL a plus
- Expert-level analytical and financial modeling skills
- Mobility, real estate, energy, or project development background
- Deep expertise in contract negotiation and generation, must have ability to work through complex documentation
- Ability to communicate complex financial structure internally in a thoughtful manner that can be easily digested by operational personnel
- Strategic thinking
- Attention to detail
- Great presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work internally with multiple internal stakeholders and groups
- Ability to influence and persuade internal personnel and external investors/partners