EV Charging Field Service Coordinator
San Francisco, California /
Operations – Field Operations /
About TeraWatt Infrastructure
At TeraWatt, our mission is to power electrified fleets with the most reliable network of charging centers. Our platform provides solutions on the leading edge of the transition to zero-carbon transport. TeraWatt’s various functions embody the company’s core values to achieve our goals.
With increasing demand for electric vehicles, we are facing a once-in-a-century technology transition. The market for EV charging infrastructure is expected to grow to $1 trillion by 2040. The nation needs a long-term partner in the inevitable transition to all-electric transportation. At TeraWatt, you will join your team in delivering quality end-to-end charging solutions. TeraWatt Infrastructure is the leader in financing, developing, and operating electric vehicle charging solutions. With the transition to electrification of transport imminent, now is the time to develop these assets
The future of electrified transportation requires innovation and a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy, real-estate, and charging infrastructure. TeraWatt's business model builds on the economics of renewable energy project development and a proven real estate strategy. TeraWatt is well established with a portfolio of properties spanning 18 states. These sites include charging solutions in key transportation corridors and logistics hubs. Client needs span urban mobility hubs, last mile fleet operators, and long haul electric trucking.
At TeraWatt, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide energy and charging solutions that delight our clients and support the transition to clean, electrified transport. We are building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At TeraWatt, we continuously strive to foster inclusion, humility, energizing relationships and belonging, and welcome new ideas. We're growing and want you to grow with us. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Impact to Climate Change:
Transportation creates 23% of all greenhouse gas emissions each year. Electrifying transportation is priority #1 to impact climate change. By electrifying fleets, we can mitigate more than 70% of mobility CO2 urban emissions, remove 50% of city air pollution, and help fleet operators meet Net Zero commitments.
Terawatt's goal is to lead the industry in reliability and set the model example of EV charging uptime, especially for fleets. The Terawatt brand name should equal the most reliable charging experience in the industry.
One of Terawatt's Core Values is "Electrify the Customer". As the EV Charging Field Service Coordinator, you will be responsible for ensuring that our charging assets are meeting our customer expectations for uptime. Reliability and responsiveness to customers will be a core aspect of our success as a company. and you’re working with customers and field technicians to get it done. We’re looking for someone who knows how EV charging equipment breaks, how to diagnose problems remotely and on-site, and how to efficiently get equipment back in service.
The EV Charging Field Service Coordinator is responsible for creating and maintaining work flows to monitor TeraWatt charging systems for proper performance, document what repairs are needed, get support from internal and external partners, and test to confirm that repairs are executed properly. You will also use the lessons learned in this constantly evolving business to ensure that TeraWatt maintains the highest levels of uptime. In this critical role, you will be an important interface to customers and internal teams alike. You will embrace state of the art software to support your deep knowledge of EV charging equipment and fleet customer needs to provide a world class charging experience for the customer.
- Commission and maintaining TeraWatt’s energy and charging sites
- Integrate and onboard new sites with TeraWatt’s systems
- Be accountable for meeting critical metrics in customer SLAs
- Integrate uptime and availability metrics for TeraWatt charging hubs into state of the art tools
- Collaborate with third party EVSE vendors to ensure information and parts are available to meet SLAs
- Manage 3rd party vendors servicing of EVSE and DERs at TeraWatt charging facilities
- Help develop scalable internal protocols for engaging and managing 3rd party EVSE vendors
- Partner with O&M, Product, Finance, and Technology teams to achieve continuous process improvement
- 2+ years of direct experience in the renewable energy, power systems and/or EV charging industry managing assets in a field service capacity
- Experience at, or coordination of, 3rd party vendors for technical services, such as EVSE, distributed energy resources, and/or utility scale power generation
- Experience using processes, protocols, and systems necessary to execute field service activity
- Track record of establishing, measuring, and documenting service level agreements for technical services
- Experience with a diversity of OCPP-enabled EVSE hardware including DC Fast chargers
- Desire to test new solutions, including in coordination with third party software services
- Licensed electrical contractor, or previously held license and willingness to renew
- Flexibility to work in different locations and hours as needed to exceed customer expectations
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification.
At Terawatt, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The US Base Salary range for this full time position is $75,000-$140,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, interview performance, and geographic location.
This role is eligible to participate in TeraWatt Infrastructure’s equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.