Software Product & Engineering Manager
San Francisco, California /
TeraWatt Infrastructure /
About TeraWatt Infrastructure
The once in a century technology transition from combustion engines to electricity for transport will require a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy and charging infrastructure, and real estate that accommodates these uses over the next decade. This transformation is rapidly accelerating, and TeraWatt is the leader in developing, financing, owning and operating the charging solutions and infrastructure that will change how goods and people move.
To facilitate this transition for clients, TeraWatt delivers end-to-end charging solutions, with the infrastructure to support it, at scale. Whether for an urban mobility hub, a last mile fleet operator, or long-haul electric trucking, TeraWatt brings the talent, capabilities, and capital to create reliable, cost-effective solutions for customers on the leading edge of the transition to zero carbon transport.
With a growing portfolio of properties currently spanning 18 states in key transportation corridors and logistics hubs, TeraWatt is building the permanent electric vehicle charging infrastructure of tomorrow through a robust combination of property assets, financing capabilities, and infrastructure and energy management solutions. The company develops, finances, owns, and operates charging solutions that take the cost and complexity out of electrifying fleets. With a business model based on well-established economics of renewable energy project development and a proven real estate strategy, TeraWatt was founded, in the absence of anything like it, to be the nation’s trusted and reliable, long-term partner in the inevitable transition to all-electric transportation. With the transition to electrification of transport imminent, now is the time to develop these assets.
At TeraWatt, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide energy and charging solutions that delight our clients and support the transition to clean, electrified transport.
The Company is creating first of its kind EV charging solutions and products for the newly developing mobility, heavy trucking and fleet electric vehicle market. The Software Product & Engineering Manager is responsible for developing near term and intermediate term market and product requirements for software solutions that TeraWatt is building to support the operations, management and ownership of its operating assets, primarily consisting of EV charging infrastructure, but also related facility operations. This individual will also manage the development of engineering technical specifications for near term software development activities and be responsible for securing in-house and outsourced engineering resources to complete timely, cost-effective and high quality software solutions. Partnering with Product and Solutions teams, the Manager will develop the long term technology roadmap to align with TeraWatt’s long term strategies.
- Create market and product requirements documentation for software platforms and features based on understanding TeraWatt’s strategy and operational needs
- Develop or oversee creation of engineering technical specifications for product features
- Design and build company’s cloud platform architecture, including interfacing with public cloud vendors
- Recruit and manage cost-effective internal or outsourced software engineering resources to execute software development roadmap
- Run efficient sprint processes for creating market requirements, engineering technical specifications, software development and testing / quality assurance
- Identify third party software and data services to integrate into operations
- Support third party integrations with to-be-developed TeraWatt software solutions
- Manage the creation of in-house software solutions to support TeraWatt’s EV charging asset operations
- Develop business intelligence tools to forecast and optimize existing and future EV charging and DER asset operations
- Support corporate finance initiatives with management information associated with operating assets
- Build scalable, automated processes and build systems to enable the company to scale while achieving efficiency gains
- Be accountable for delivery of solutions in a timely manner to support onboarding of new operating assets
- Partner with Product, Finance, and Operations to achieve continuous process improvement, including refinement of operating model and services offering for charging customers
- 7-10 years of experience in software systems design and development
- 3-5 years of software product management in electricity industry or relevant sector
- 3-5 years of software development engineering experience, including engineering management
- Past role at software company or internal departments working with or related to utilities, energy generation sources, electric vehicle charging or vehicle fleets.
- Understanding of electric utility tariff rates and billing concepts as well as electric vehicle charging data sets
- Extreme detail orientation
- Desire to build new solutions, including in coordination with third party software services
- Track record of establishing and iterating software product requirements as well as executing on delivery of requirements