Site Acquisition Lead
San Francisco or Remote /
TeraWatt Infrastructure /
About TeraWatt Infrastructure
The once in a century technology transition from combustion engines to electricity for transport will require a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy and charging infrastructure, and real estate that accommodates these uses over the next decade. This transformation is rapidly accelerating, and TeraWatt is the leader in developing, financing, owning and operating the charging solutions and infrastructure that will change how goods and people move.
To facilitate this transition for clients, TeraWatt delivers end-to-end charging solutions, with the infrastructure to support it, at scale. Whether for an urban mobility hub, a last mile fleet operator, or long-haul electric trucking, TeraWatt brings the talent, capabilities, and capital to create reliable, cost-effective solutions for customers on the leading edge of the transition to zero carbon transport.
With a growing portfolio of properties currently spanning 18 states in key transportation corridors and logistics hubs, TeraWatt is building the permanent electric vehicle charging infrastructure of tomorrow through a robust combination of property assets, financing capabilities, and infrastructure and energy management solutions. The company develops, finances, owns, and operates charging solutions that take the cost and complexity out of electrifying fleets. With a business model based on well-established economics of renewable energy project development and a proven real estate strategy, TeraWatt was founded, in the absence of anything like it, to be the nation’s trusted and reliable, long-term partner in the inevitable transition to all-electric transportation. With the transition to electrification of transport imminent, now is the time to develop these assets.
At TeraWatt, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide energy and charging solutions that delight our clients and support the transition to clean, electrified transport.
In this role, you will be responsible for executing TeraWatt’s real estate acquisition strategy in collaboration with our Finance, Strategy, Business Development and Product teams. You will work to acquire properties that align with TeraWatt’s strategy, leveraging your deep acquisition expertise and network. You will manage all aspects of site acquisition from sourcing, negotiating LOIs, running due diligence, garnering internal approvals, and closing on properties.
- Identify suitable parcels to acquire or lease
- Review and analyze zoning and permitting requirements
- Negotiate real estate agreements
- Track and report out pertinent site information using company database
- Present candidate sites for internal review and approval
- Review title reports and assist in curing exceptions
- Review all project related drawings
- Obtain stakeholder approval on all project related drawings, zoning/permit applications
- Act as a point of contact for the community and/or government agencies
- Coordinate, schedule and track site visits and technical team visits with various departments
- Coordinate, order and track title, surveys, environmental reports, regulatory reports, lease exhibits and construction plans and drawings, as required
- Coordinate and garner internal approvals for real estate transactions
- Represent TeraWatt at industry events, particularly those focused on real estate
- Be an evangelist for the electrification of transport
- Minimum 5 years of experience in industrial and urban real estate markets
- Strong network of brokers and real estate professionals in major urban markets
- Experience structuring and negotiating real estate and partnership and JV structures
- Ability to work cross functionally with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership experience including building a team
- Strong analytical skills, including review of transaction and underwriting models
- World class presentation skills, ability to present to large audiences, investors and customers
- Electric vehicle charging experience, or, ability and desire to learn quickly