Project Development Associate
San Francisco, California /
TeraWatt Infrastructure /
About TeraWatt Infrastructure
The once in a century technology transition from combustion engines to electricity for transport will require a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy and charging infrastructure, and real estate that accommodates these uses over the next decade. This transformation is rapidly accelerating, and TeraWatt is the leader in developing, financing, owning and operating the charging solutions and infrastructure that will change how goods and people move.
To facilitate this transition for clients, TeraWatt delivers end-to-end charging solutions, with the infrastructure to support it, at scale. Whether for an urban mobility hub, a last mile fleet operator, or long-haul electric trucking, TeraWatt brings the talent, capabilities, and capital to create reliable, cost-effective solutions for customers on the leading edge of the transition to zero carbon transport.
With a growing portfolio of properties currently spanning 18 states in key transportation corridors and logistics hubs, TeraWatt is building the permanent electric vehicle charging infrastructure of tomorrow through a robust combination of property assets, financing capabilities, and infrastructure and energy management solutions. We develop, finance, own, and operate charging solutions that take the cost and complexity out of electrifying fleets. With a business model based on well-established economics of renewable energy project development and a proven real estate strategy, TeraWatt was founded, in the absence of anything like it, to be the nation’s trusted and reliable, long-term partner in the inevitable transition to all-electric transportation. With the transition to electrification of transport imminent, now is the time to develop these assets.
At TeraWatt, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide energy and charging solutions that delight our clients and support the transition to clean, electrified transport.
Impact to Climate Change:
Transportation creates 23% of all greenhouse gas emissions each year. According to many experts, electrifying transportation is priority #1 to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions and thus the impact to Climate Change. By electrifying fleets, we can mitigate more than 70% of mobility CO2 urban emissions, remove 50% of city air pollution, and help fleet operators meet Net Zero commitments.
The ideal candidate will be captivated by the idea of developing sites that enable the rapid scaling of the electric vehicle electrification market and the infrastructure required to support the transition to electrified transport. In this role, you will work closely with the site development and real estate teams to understand, identify, and support site acquisition campaigns and advance development activities on priority sites. Such activities include permitting, interconnection, engineering design, and stakeholder engagement. Though you may not have technical training by trade, you understand technical concepts and bring strong critical thinking and interpersonal communication skills (oral and written) necessary for a range of responsibilities from quantitative analysis to successful external stakeholder engagement. You are a self-starter with the proven ability to take ownership and initiative. You have strong attention to detail and organizational capacity to effectively manage multiple projects with competing priorities. You will leverage your experience in mapping (ArcGIS/Google Earth) and database management to develop and manage project schedules, budgets, and other internal project control and reporting tools. You will cultivate your development expertise and grow with the team to deliver world class EV solutions and sites, allowing the Company to help an increasing number of fleets and heavy trucks electrify with confidence.
- Develop and manage project control tools, such as project schedules and budgets
- Identify and address potential issues and manage tasks to advance site development activities
- Identify ideal brownfield and greenfield sites for EV, solar and storage development
- Conduct outreach to prospective landowners
- Conduct and record early-stage due diligence on sites, including mapping analysis and research
- Support development and management of mapping database for integrated site selection and development activities (ArcGIS/Google Earth)
- Research and obtain critical market or site-specific information necessary to achieve site development goals (i.e. land use code information, interconnection tariff details, etc.)
- Identify site constraints and mitigations solutions
- Analyze various elements required to deliver a viable site, develop schedule recommendations for completion timelines
- Prepare and provide site documentation to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Break projects into achievable tasks, set schedules and goals, manage workflows
- Schedule regular meetings and record decisions via note-taking
- Ensure deliverables meet high quality standards
- Act as a key point of contact for site development information
- Participate in expense management required for site development activities
- Work closely with internal stakeholders including Product, Project Development, Business Development and Finance to support strategic initiatives for each team, and cross-company
- Be a principal evangelist for the electrification of transport, and the Company’s role in making it happen
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a professional environment, preferred experience with any of the following: renewable energy development, vehicle electrification, EV charging infrastructure, clean energy, power grids, freight or fleet transport, and logistics
- Four-year Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience in project management, with organizational and analytical problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Experience in mapping and CAD (Google Earth, ArcGIS, AutoCAD a plus) and database management strongly preferred