Real Estate Associate
San Francisco or Remote /
TeraWatt Infrastructure /
About TeraWatt Infrastructure
At TeraWatt, our mission is to power electrified fleets with the most reliable network of charging centers. Our platform provides solutions on the leading edge of the transition to zero-carbon transport. TeraWatt’s various functions embody the company’s core values to achieve our goals.
With increasing demand for electric vehicles, we are facing a once-in-a-century technology transition. The EV charging market for Fleets is expected to grow to $15 billion by 2030. The nation needs a long-term partner in the inevitable transition to all-electric transportation. At TeraWatt, you will join your team in delivering quality end-to-end charging solutions. TeraWatt Infrastructure is the leader in financing, developing, and operating electric vehicle charging solutions. With the transition to electrification of transport imminent, now is the time to develop these assets.
The future of electrified transportation requires innovation and a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy, real-estate, and charging infrastructure. TeraWatt's business model builds on the economics of renewable energy project development and a proven real estate strategy. TeraWatt is well established with a portfolio of properties spanning 18 states. These sites include charging solutions in key transportation corridors and logistics hubs. Client needs span urban mobility hubs, last mile fleet operators, and long haul electric trucking.
At TeraWatt, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide energy and charging solutions that delight our clients and support the transition to clean, electrified transport. We are building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At TeraWatt, we promote inclusion, humility, energizing relationships, and we welcome new ideas. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Impact to Climate Change:
Transportation creates 23% of all greenhouse gas emissions each year. Electrifying transportation is priority #1 to impact climate change. By electrifying fleets, we can mitigate more than 70% of mobility CO2 urban emissions, remove 50% of city air pollution, and help fleet operators meet Net Zero commitments.
In this position you will be a key role player on our real estate acquisitions team. Responsibilities will range from deal underwriting and due diligence to process management and strategy formation. You will be expected to analyze the financial and technical feasibility of EV charging hub projects across multiple sectors and customer use cases. Additionally, you will be involved in multiple workstreams, staying on top of market dynamics, staying aligned internally to properly execute on deals.
A growth mindset and the ability to innovate is a must for this role - our industry is constantly evolving and we need to be proactive in our approach. By delivering world class solutions, you will allow the Company to help an increasing number of fleets and heavy trucks electrify with confidence.
- Explain complex financial information to non-financial personnel
- Underwrite potential acquisition opportunities
- Assist with due diligence for live deals
- Creation of investment committee memos
- Manage real estate dashboard and pipeline tracker
- Participate in real estate strategy conversations
- Market research to understand competitive landscape and macro real estate trends
- Generation of materials for use in real estate partnership conversations
- 2+ years experience in banking or finance at renewable energy or real estate company
- Bachelor's degree required ideally within a Financial discipline
- Knowledge of real estate finance
- Experienced in financial analyst tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, SQL a plus
- Mobility, real estate, energy or project development background
- Expert-level analytical and financial modeling skills
- Creativity to transform raw data into presentations with an eye on design and accuracy, while conveying the intended value proposition
- Strategic thinking
- Attention to detail
- Great presentation skills
- Ability to work internally with multiple internal stakeholders and groups
- Electric vehicle charging experience, or, ability and desire to learn quickly