Senior Software Engineer- Applications
Atlanta, GA /
Terminus is the leader of the account-based movement and the crucial link that connects B2B marketing and sales teams with their ideal customers. The Terminus solution arms marketing teams with an account-centric platform that delivers the intelligence and automation needed to scale ABM and revolutionize the way B2B marketing is done. Hundreds of organizations worldwide, including Salesforce, GE, Verizon, 3M and CA Technologies, turn to Terminus to more effectively target, engage and grow their best-fit accounts. Terminus offers savvy marketers the technology and proven expertise to radically improve account-based strategies and campaigns, increasing ROI and producing exceptional results.
Terminus is seeking an accomplished senior software engineer in Atlanta to help us build an industry leading Account-Based Marketing platform that allows B2B marketers to do ABM at scale. This means lots of complex integrations, flashy front end features, and powerful reporting.
Most importantly, we are looking for engineers that exemplify our core values: positive, supportive, and self-starting. Like us, we want you to be excited everyday about working with this team and building great software. We are passionate about delivering high-quality code and providing our customers with features that they need and love. Terminus offers an incredible opportunity for a senior software engineer to learn, grow personally and professionally, and be part of building our company and culture.
A successful Senior Engineer at Terminus is responsible for working with their team to continually drive the product forward by developing new features and maintaining existing features. We accomplish this by promoting best practices and enabling individuals to continually learn and grow professionally.
Senior Engineers are expected to be able to contribute to the product in multiple ways. Most directly by writing and reviewing new code (mostly in Ruby, with and without Rails) and engaging in constructive discussion with team members. More indirectly, the technical design of new features in our product organization is an open forum for discussion. A strong senior engineering is expected to be able to draw on past successes and failures to help the team make better decisions and create a more stable product.
Our engineers are also empowered and expected to bring their work all the way to the customer. To accomplish this the engineering team is responsible for maintaining their application in the production. We define all of our infrastructure as code (Terraform), and collect detailed metrics on runtime performance (DataDog). These tools allow our engineering team to engage in a near continuous deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years experience with full-stack web application development
- 1+ Year of Ruby is required
- 5+ years of full-stack or backend web experience
- Be able to optimize SQL code and understand basic database technologies
- Local to Atlanta
- Write and review application code written mostly in Ruby
- Instrument and monitor code performance in production
- Maintain infrastructure as codeDocument and communicate across team
- Engage in collaborative design work with other Senior engineers to continually improve our codebases.
- Coordinate with leadership to define and prioritize products and features
- Work with support to triage and debug customer and product issues
Incredible Benefits, Incredible Company!
- Working for a company and leadership team focused on providing a “Best Place to Work” environment
- 100% employer paid Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance for employee coverage
- 100% Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Guaranteed Stock Options
- Unlimited vacation
- Summer Fridays
- Gym membership or health and wellness reimbursement
- Parking & Transit assistance
- Casual dress all-day, everyday
- Regular team outings, parties, and surprises
- Weekly free lunch, unlimited snacks and drinks
- Beautiful, high energy offices in 3 tech hubs (Atlanta, San Francisco, and Indianapolis)
- Culture that emphasizes personal and professional growth
- Named Best Workplace Winner 2017, 2018, and 2019 by Inc. Magazine, #61 on the Inc. 5000, and #21 on the Deloitte Fast 500
- Named G2 2020 Spring category leader for the 9th consecutive quarter
Diversity and inclusion are essential values at Terminus. We believe we do our best and most impactful work when we are a diverse, inclusive and equitable organization. We're proud to recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender status), age, or disability.