Software Engineer in Test
Terminus is a fast growing technology company in Atlanta, challenging the status quo of B2B marketing. We've built an industry-leading Account-Based Marketing (ABM) platform that enables our customers to be more targeted in reaching their ideal customers, driving powerful business outcomes including an increase in revenue and acceleration of pipeline velocity.
We strive to provide the best customer experience and fanatically obsess over making each of our customers heroes. We have a relentless commitment to the personal and professional growth of our team and believe in each individual having the “Keys to the Ferrari.”
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our Product and Engineering team in Atlanta. We are not looking for testers; rather we are seeking Software Engineers with a background in development to focus on developing sophisticated highly technical automated test frameworks.
- BA/BS degree with high mathematical and computing content (e.g. Computer Science or Engineering) and 4+ years of related experience.
- Mastery in any major programming language - Ruby/Go/TypeScript a plus.
- Experience with automated testing types, tools and techniques (Unit, Functional, Integration, RESTful, Load; Karma, Rspec, Protractor, Selenium, Jasmine, Enzyme, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration tools and processes (Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.), agile delivery (Pivotal, Jira) and test-driven (TDD) or business-driven (BDD) development
- Familiarity with cloud native architectures for containerized micro-services
- Familiarity with a variety of programming styles (e.g. OO, functional) and software design patterns
- Experience with RDBMS development (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks such as Angular, React, etc.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Google, etc. is a strong plus
- Experience with code versioning and management, including Git/Github
What it takes to be a success:
- Craftsman-like approach to building software; takes pride in high quality software engineering and advocates and instills these values in others
- Focused on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to ensure and improve quality
- A proponent of strong, collaborative, quality software engineering techniques and methods: DevOps, agile development, continuous integration and automated testing approaches
Preferred Domain Experience & Soft Skills:
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
- Experience in building SaaS based software - Marketing or Programmatic platform a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with business partner and leaders of varying levels
- Confident communicator; able to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting views
- Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented
- Mentoring junior SDETs
Incredible Benefits, Incredible Company!
- 100% employer paid Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance for employee only coverage
- 100% Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Unlimited vacation
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Casual dress all-day, everyday
- Regular team outings, parties, and surprises
- Weekly free lunch, unlimited snacks and drinks
- Work from home day
- Culture that emphasizes personal and professional growth
- Named #1 Best Place to Work in Atlanta by Atlanta Business Chronicle for the medium-sized company category, #3 Top Workplace and #1 in Employee Appreciation by the Atlanta Journal Constitution
- Named one of the Top 50 Workplaces in America by Inc. Magazine