Terraform is automating on-site construction with robotics and software. Our mission is to make construction primarily software-defined and work towards a future where beautiful, bespoke buildings are built within a single day with minimal labor.
We're in the first days of building the company and we are recruiting for the early engineering team. This is a unique opportunity to be one of the first ten employees at a startup be immersed in a high-growth, high ambition startup environment, and to work with an experienced founding team surrounded by top-tier investors from day 1.
You can read a bit more on why we believe you should spend your time working on construction, learn more about our vision and about the company.
You’ll be helping us bridge the gap between our hardware and software and all the disciplines involved in building a robot, from figuring out how to physically mount sensors and route cables to running the right firmware on a microcontroller you’ve sourced. Some things you’ll be working on:
1.) Designing and prototyping communication and electrical systems between various components in our robots.
2.) Designing, sourcing, prototyping and implementing subsystems for specific perception problems, e.g. for vision or LIDAR.
3.) Sourcing and implementing the right microcontroller architecture for a specific subsystem.
4.) Linking everything together with (embedded) software that you write and own.
What you'll be responsible for
- Building our electrical, signaling and data systems from the ground up.
- Creatively selecting and sourcing sensors, actuators and wiring.
- Selecting controllers to merge sensor data and drive the actuators accordingly.
What we’re looking for
- Theoretical and practical experience in sensor fusion, machine perception, digital signal processing, robotic arm positioning, and control.
- Experience with microcontrollers (e.g., ESP32, Arduino)
- Experience selecting and sourcing components for machine perception (e.g. cameras or LIDARs)
- Proven understanding of communication protocols and schemes (e.g., USB, RS232, TCP/IP, CAN)
- Experience writing hardware interfacing embedded software in C, C++, or preferably in Rust.
- Basic familiarity with Unix tools. You’re comfortable having to ssh into a machine to do basic troubleshooting.
- Preferred experience building prototypes in early-stage startups or top student team competitions.
- B.Sc. in electrical, mechatronics, or robotics engineering or equivalent experience.
Interested? Get in touch with us: email@example.com, and tell us a bit about the most interesting or difficult project you’ve worked on to date.
If you don’t meet all the qualifications here but are excited about Terraform and feel you’d still be able to help us solve difficult problems, do get in touch. We are open to generalists with a demonstrated ability to focus on outcomes and get things done and are comfortable with you learning things as you go along.