Senior Operations Coordinator
San Francisco, CA /
The Apothecarium – California /
At The Apothecarium and TerrAscend, we are on a mission to shape the future of the cannabis industry by creating leading marijuana-based therapies for patients and developing premium products for legalized adult recreational use. We are one of the largest and fastest growing multi-state, vertically integrated cannabis operators in North America. We’re on a roll and are just getting started!
The Apothecarium prides itself on giving customers access to a wide variety of appropriately priced cannabis products in a safe, well-appointed setting. Recognizing that consumers need accurate, trusted and helpful cannabis information, The Apothecarium prioritizes customer service and cannabis education. We believe in, invest in, and deliver, skilled and trained cannabis consultations and consumer experiences that enhance and enrich our customers’ lives and wellness. Currently, The Apothecarium services the greater Bay Area through brick-and-mortar retail, online pre-ordering and home delivery.
The Apothecarium has carefully cultivated a work environment in which our team members are always challenged to grow personally and professionally. Our company is determinedly progressive, creative and intelligent. We nurture these qualities by employing people who share our passion for medical and recreational cannabis, innovation, and active participation in the communities we serve.
Our company culture is unique, distinguished by an uncommon blend of courtesy, compassion, and intellectual energy. We seek those who can bring diverse life experiences and inspired ideas to our work and neighbors who count on us. We raise our bar high at The Apothecarium to set the example of what a cannabis dispensary should be.
Sound like weed be a good fit? Here's where you come in!
Our next Senior Operations Coordinator duties involve a wide range of support activities inside our Operations and Marketing Departments. Daily you will be tasked with coordinating meetings, maintaining our brand marketing systems and working independently to complete mid-level assigned projects. An important part of your role will be to act as the liaison between operations and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution to teams. You’ll also assist in creating policies, processes and documents working along side our Vice President of Operations and Department.
To be blunt, this person will:
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Vice President of Operations
- Support the marketing and operations department functions and duties
- Work independently to complete mid-level projects as assigned
- Perform market and industry research to support the business’s strategic focus
- Complete copywriting and copyediting projects designated by the Senior Director of Brand Marketing including product descriptions for customer facing online menus
- Maintain CRM systems, electronic newsletters, SMS and social media programs
- Partner with Senior Director of Brand Marketing on creative briefs to brand partners and designers for brand marketing and ancillary product production
- Coordinate meetings, training, and surveys taking minutes when necessary
- Evaluate and develop new processes and suggest systems to support all departments
- Partners with people leaders to communicate company policies, procedures, programs, and laws
- Administer and maintain paperless or automated solutions for all departments
- Assist with compliance related tasks, reports and audits
- Represent the organization at community functions and meetings while maintaining professionalism and respect
- Ensure the organization’s reputation does not suffer negatively in any manner
- Ensure dispensary compliance with internal, local and state regulations
- Maintain a positive work environment conducive to trust and respect
- Use discretion with sensitive and confidential security and business information
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in compliance with organizational policies, and State and Federal privacy laws
- Attend meetings and travel as needed
What we're high on (experience and education qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business management, pre-law or other compliance related discipline, or equivalent in professional and life experience
- Experience in retail management, marketing and operations (3 years minimum)
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Experience working in the cannabis industry is highly preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Proficient in MS Excel, and database systems
- Must be authorized to live and work in the U.S.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must speak/write English proficiently
- Basic computer and information technology skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to travel for work-related events and meetings
- Sit constantly
- Walk frequently
- Reach and twist/turn with hands and arms
- Climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus
- Competitive Rate of Pay
- Excellent Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life & 401K)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Discounts
- Commuter Benefits (partially company sponsored)
$107,000 - $119,000 a year
*** Background Check Requirement ***
As a condition of employment, a complete background investigation will be conducted based on the rules of the specific State in which the employee is hired. Typically, the state investigative process includes a state and federal background check.
At TerrAscend, employees and applicants are evaluated based on their qualifications, skills, and ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. TerrAscend is committed to assuring equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
TerrAscend is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, to include gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and gender identity, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and the like is not exhaustive, rather it is illustrative of the current essential functions required for the position.
This organization participates in E-Verify.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.. Si E-Verify no puede confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar, este empleador está requerido a darle instrucciones por escrito y una oportunidad de contactar al Departamento de Seguridad Nacional (DHS) o a la Administración del Seguro Social (SSA) para que pueda empezar a resolver el problema antes de que el empleador pueda tomar cualquier acción en su contra, incluyendo la terminación de su empleo. Los empleadores sólo pueden utilizar E-Verify una vez que usted haya aceptado una oferta de trabajo y completado el Formulario I-9. Para más información sobre E-Verify, o si usted cree que su empleador ha violado sus responsabilidades de E-Verify, por favor contacte a DHS.