Climate Data Analyst Intern
Empowering enterprises to keep the planet habitable for all!
Reversing the impact of climate change is one of the world’s biggest challenges. And businesses have a responsibility to lead the way. While individual consumer choices are important, over 80% of all the emissions reductions necessary for the world to reach Net-Zero, require business-level action. But despite the growing momentum and ambition from companies around the world to set Net-Zero goals, there are significant challenges to delivering on these ambitions. Business leaders don’t really know how they will get there. And the very first step, of getting emissions measurement right, is hard.
Terrascope is an enterprise-grade, end-to-end decarbonisation SaaS platform. By combining AI-assisted carbon measurement & management with deep industry & sustainability expertise, Terrascope helps solve the data management, emissions reduction planning and implementation challenges that large enterprises face to decarbonise their operations and complex supply chains.
Publicly launched in June '22, Terrascope is working with customers in multiple industry verticals such as agriculture, food & beverage and consumer packaged goods, as well as horizontals such as manufacturing, technology, transportation and real estate. Terrascope is an innovative player to support enterprises in their green transformation.
Backed by Nupo Ventures (formerly Olam Ventures) and incubated with support from BCG X, Terrascope has now achieved a number of globally recognised accreditations, with more on the way – including being the first CDP Gold Accredited Software provider from Asia and signing The Climate Pledge to be net zero by 2040. Terrascope aims to lead by example and demonstrate that business growth and carbon reduction can go hand in hand.
We are looking for a Carbon Accounting Intern to support the Data Analyst team and provide ad-hoc client support.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct emission source materiality research
- Conduct benchmarking research
- Work with our teams to create customer demos
- Be responsible for data transformation and PDF extraction
- Assist with translation reviews
- Participate in team meetings, brainstorming sessions and other collaborative activities.
You should have:
- Currently pursuing or recently completed a degree in data, analytics or a related field
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, SQL, Python and other data analysis tools
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive, and ability to work collaboratively
- Comfortable with multitasking in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We're committed to creating an inclusive environment for our strong and diverse team. We value diversity and foster a community where everyone can be his or her authentic self.