Product Design Intern
Empowering enterprises to keep the planet habitable for all!
Reversing the impact of climate change is one of the world’s biggest challenges. And businesses have a responsibility to lead the way. While individual consumer choices are important, over 80% of all the emissions reductions necessary for the world to reach Net-Zero, require business-level action. But despite the growing momentum and ambition from companies around the world to set Net-Zero goals, there are significant challenges to delivering on these ambitions. Business leaders don’t really know how they will get there. And the very first step, of getting emissions measurement right, is hard.
Terrascope is an enterprise-grade, end-to-end decarbonisation SaaS platform. By combining AI-assisted carbon measurement & management with deep industry & sustainability expertise, Terrascope helps solve the data management, emissions reduction planning and implementation challenges that large enterprises face to decarbonise their operations and complex supply chains.
Publicly launched in June '22, Terrascope is working with customers in multiple industry verticals such as agriculture, food & beverage and consumer packaged goods, as well as horizontals such as manufacturing, technology, transportation and real estate. Terrascope is an innovative player to support enterprises in their green transformation.
Backed by Nupo Ventures (formerly Olam Ventures) and incubated with support from BCG X, Terrascope has now achieved a number of globally recognised accreditations, with more on the way – including being the first CDP Gold Accredited Software provider from Asia and signing The Climate Pledge to be net zero by 2040. Terrascope aims to lead by example and demonstrate that business growth and carbon reduction can go hand in hand.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Product Design Intern to join our experience design team at Terrascope. This is an exceptional opportunity to immerse yourself in an early stage startup, where you can make an impact on the design and delivery of AI-enabled climate solution features with a strong focus on user experience. As a Product Design Intern, you will work closely with our experienced product designers to translate intricate sustainability practices, complex data sets, and processes into user-friendly and intuitive product experiences.
In this role you will:
- Contributing to the Terrascope design system
- Play a role in shaping and expanding the Terrascope design system that drive a consistent brand and product experience throughout the entire user journey
- Maintaining the design system by updating libraries and documentation
- Engaging in design research
- Actively participate in design research efforts to drive product discovery through various research methods including in-depth interviews, co-creation workshop, usability testing, and more
- Articulate our understanding of sustainability practice, our customers and users, and their pain points and challenges
- Designing and delivering features
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to conceptualize, design, and deliver innovative product features
- Advocating for design culture
- Champion a design culture within both the design team and the broader organization
- Foster collaboration, psychological safety, and opportunities for growth and learning among team members
- Currently pursuing a degree in Product Design, Interaction Design, or a related field
- Proficiency in design software such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar tools
- An impressive portfolio showcasing your design projects and problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- A passion for sustainability and climate technology
- An ability to understand complex problems and think critically and creatively to solve design challenges
- High attention to detail and craftsmanship
- A desire to learn and adapt in a fast-paced startup environment
We're committed to creating an inclusive environment for our strong and diverse team. We value diversity and foster a community where everyone can be his or her authentic self.