Operations & Delivery Supervisor
San Francisco, CA /
Territory Foods is looking for an Operations/Delivery Supervisor for the San Francisco market. This position will be responsible for on the ground operations and managing the warehouse facility and pick and pack operation. This role requires a detail oriented, operationally savvy individual who can execute and provide direction over our warehouse, internal drivers and delivery, and the pick and pack facility.
Who We Are
Territory Foods is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer fresh food platform. We offer 300+ unique meal options designed and created by our chef network. Territory provides superior flavors across global cuisines and lifestyles. We support many diets including Keto, Whole30, Vegan, and more.
We help chefs connect to their local communities with our unique operating model. This approach has created a very loyal customer base and renowned brand ambassadors. They range from pro athletes to celebrity chefs.
Our people and culture are the backbone of Territory. We are passionate about wellness, community, and innovation. Ideal teammates live these passions too. We are a remote-first team built on top talent across the United States.
Summary of responsibilities include:
- Manage and support the local team and partners in their operational needs. This includes chef partners, internal delivery crews and external delivery partners.
- Be on site at the local fulfillment center 4x week to ensure a smooth operation for each delivery.
- Assist in inventory counts and determining order volume alongside Ops Manager
- Work with Operations and General Manager to improve efficiency, reduce costs and improve/develop SOP’s.
- Ensure staff is adequately trained and developed to complete their assigned tasks successfully.
- Communicate with the Operations Manager any ongoing issues and concerns.
- Understand production, fulfillment and delivery cycles with intense focus on customer delight, quality control and food safety.
- Create and uphold standard operating procedures to streamline processes; recommending solutions to enhance the team’s effectiveness and efficiency.
- Continuously look for efficiencies that will drive expense reduction and margin improvements and drive toward the larger company wide initiatives and goals.
Specific Job Functions include:
- Coordinate and lead team members with direct supervisor/leader to ensure all orders are fulfilled accurately.
- Assist in managing inventory counts and determining order volume alongside Ops Manager. Communicate any risks or issues in a timely manner.
- Facilitate consistent quality of food being packed by team members; perform random spot checks, coach and correct with respect.
- Understand, read and verify pick labels to ensure customer orders are accurately picked with corresponding meals listed on the label.
- Use of respective equipment i.e tape, tape gun and any other equipment needed to perform function.
- Stock/staging of inventory for daily production as well as replenishment.
- Building of corrugated delivery boxes to pack customer orders, packing with ice packs and insulation.
- Perform any other essential job functions and duties as assigned by leader.
- Maintain effective communication with Team Leaders and Managers & be responsive to suggestions and feedback.
- Comply with company standards, policies, and procedures, and assist in assuring the same from fellow employees.
- Follow all Food Safety guidelines, but not limited to: GMP’s, Quality, Sanitation & Safety
- Highly-organized, operationally-proficient, and a dependable self-starter -- a “roll up your sleeves” mentality is a must
- Willing and able to drive a 16-26’ box truck and operate a pallet jack
- Willing to work on weekends and on site
- Proficient in excel/google sheets
- Forklift certified a plus - we are willing to train the right person
- Regular exposure to damp cold environment; consistently 37 degrees F
- Exposure to warehousing equipment hazards
- Standing and walking on wet floors
- Lifting required up to 50lbs. Carrying 20-50 lbs.
Benefits, Perks, and Compensation:
- This is a full time exempt (salaried) position.
- Health, Dental & Vision plans
- Company-paid short-term disability and Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO & Sick Days
- Paid Parental Leave programs
- Up to $150 monthly reimbursement for personal wellness expenses
- We'll pay your cell phone bill up to $100 per month
- Receive and sample up to 10 of our meals every week for quality control
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.