General Manager/Northeast Region
Territory Foods is hiring a General Manager for our Northeast Region. You will be an integral part of our team and will focus on the growth, operational efficiency and financial health of your region. You will be responsible for oversight and management of a full business unit that includes culinary, operations, logistics, and customer service to support your region. You will play a critical role in strategic planning and growth planning for the organization. To be a contender for this role, you must have a strong understanding of the strengths, limitations, and best practices within operations, and will be the owner of the related analytics, forecasts, budgets and strategies. You should be someone who thrives in fast-paced environments and feels comfortable in a ‘test and learn’ environment.
Who We Are
Territory Foods is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer fresh food platform that directly connects mindful eaters with weekly access to over 300 delicious, healthy meals designed and crafted by a network of nutritionists, local chefs and restaurants. Territory provides best-in-class flavors across global cuisines, serving over 11 dietary templates, from Keto and Whole30 to Mediterranean and Vegan, leading to unparalleled long-term customer retention and brand loyalty.
Through its unique operation model, Territory delivers a superior product for the customer and truly invests in the local economy in the communities in which it serves. The company’s origin as a community-driven brand coupled with consistent excellence in the culinary product have led to a highly loyal tribe of champion customers and organic brand evangelists that span from pro-athletes to celebrity chefs.
At Territory, we believe that our people and culture are our biggest assets. Because of our passion for wellness, community development and entrepreneurship, we want to have the best team members who not only believe in this mission but live it too. Our remote operating model allows us to have a strong team of diverse, cutting-edge thinkers around the country who provide unique and innovative ideas.
After doubling growth and key customer metrics in 2020 and with leading investors across technology, food health & wellness, and lifestyle icons, Territory is positioned for scale and rapid growth in 2021.
What You Will Do
We are looking for an exceptional entrepreneurial leader to serve as our Northeast General Manager. Reporting directly to our VP of Operations, this person will have the responsibility to manage a full business unit, with particular focus on the operational activities and processes. You will have flexibility to make key strategic decisions that impact growth and success in the region, while also ensuring fulfillment of company-directed initiatives.
- Oversee operational processes with constant focus on improvement and optimization opportunities.
- Support and partner with local and national cross functional teams including culinary, logistics, customer service, sales and marketing managers to drive expansion within the region as well as other General Managers, Director of Operations, and Director of Logistics.
- Lead analytics and reporting, and profit & loss oversight
- Oversee order production, fulfillment, and delivery with intense focus on customer delight, quality control and food safety, including cold chain management.
- Lead the charge on delivering an exceptional customer service experience.
- Help on-board and manage key partners and contractors including chefs, delivery crews, and many others.
- Manage regulatory compliance with our internal Food Safety and Regulatory team.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s required; Logistics or Operations focus and MBA or equivalent a positive.
- 5-10 years professional experience in operations, logistics, supply chain, food service, consumer goods.
- 3-5 years of general management experience and the ability to lead across multiple functional teams.
- Proven experience managing a P&L, budgets and analyzing performance.
- Operational mindset, with a focus on process development and improvement and strategic growth.
- Have successfully delivered on strategic plans and KPIs, especially top-line revenue and bottom line business results.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute projects from development to completion.
- The ability to think and move quickly and inspire a team in an environment where continuous innovation is required.
- Experience working with partners at multiple levels within the organization (operations, marketing, supply chain, finance, human resources, legal and other groups).
- Excellent communication skills and a natural bent to openness, transparency, and saying it straight.
- Analytical thinker and the ability to bring creative solutions to the table.
- Stay in the know about industry trends and best practices in order to make recommendations to support the business.
- Amazing people and performance management skills, internally and w/ external partners.
- Willingness to spend time in the field and work odd hours to get the job done if need be.
- Strong computer fluency and understanding of data analytics.
- Demonstrated commitment to healthy eating and active living.
What Else You Should Know
- Our company is growing and evolving; your role, professional skills and development will as well.
- We are a remote first organization - You’ll almost never be in an office.
- Your ability to manage your time properly will be critical to success. And you will be held accountable for daily, weekly and monthly deliverables.
- We’re a food and fitness-oriented team, so we provide food in our operating markets, and company sponsored membership to your fitness provider of choice (CrossFit, yoga, multi-program, etc.) in all markets.
To apply, click the link and forward us your credentials. We look forward to hearing from you!