Customer Success Associate
Our mission is to build financial management technologies that enable the world’s most important companies to grow more quickly in a sustainable way that’s good for people, the planet, and business.
When companies have strong cash flow performance they can shift from short-term acrobatics to long-term growth and innovation. These are the teams that change the world by being freed to optimize for all of their stakeholders, including their employees, business partners, and environment.
Cash flow is the toughest financial statement to understand but it’s fundamental to funding your own growth. We build the most intuitive and actionable tools for companies to optimize cash flow performance. Our platform analyzes billions of dollars of B2B transactions each year, users spend 70% of their workday in Tesorio, and we save finance teams thousands of hours. As a result, they can invest more confidently and anticipate their capital needs further in advance.
We’re growing quickly and working with the world’s best companies and the largest bank in the US. We recently raised a $10MM Series A led by Madrona Venture Group and are backed by top investors including First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and Floodgate. We’re also backed by tenured finance execs, including the former CFOs of Oracle and NetSuite.
As a Customer Support Associate at Tesorio, you'll join a small, driven and creative team of problem-solvers aimed at providing best-in-class support for our growing list of partners. You will help own our customer relationships, solve business problems with some of the top finance teams in the world in order to understand their existing processes, business goals and areas of opportunity. This role will be the primary touchpoint for all customers requiring support with the opportunity to move into an Account Manager role where you'll be responsible for driving the implementation of Tesorio, ensuring a smooth on-boarding process and continued adoption/optimization of the platform.
Our team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and we have a diverse, distributed workforce in five countries. We don’t believe that people need to sacrifice being close to their families and where they’d prefer to live in order to do their best work.
Be responsible for all Customer Support activities
- Monitor Intercom daily to address customer inquiries
- Reproduce/troubleshoot/research potential bugs and escalate to engineering as necessary
- Provide Product training
- Identify any opportunities for enhancement requests and automation
- Escalate to management as necessary
Support Customer Onboarding activities
- Manage the Tesorio Operations Calendar and schedule meetings
- Prepare meeting materials
- Take notes during onboarding meetings (Introduction, Deep Dives)
- Send out onboarding communication (Meeting Recaps, Next Steps)
- Assign and follow-up on Action Items (May not be the person responsible to complete the action items, but must follow up that they have been completed)
- Update Project Plan as activities are completed
Build documentation to support Tesorio Knowledge Transfer activities
- Identify product knowledge or training gap and coordinate a Knowledge Transfer Session with Product and Engineering teams
- Document and obtain feedback on existing and newly created artifacts for each session
- Build out Help Center documentation (client-facing,) if applicable
- Build out Internal Documentation (internal facing,) if applicable
- Maintain and update documentation when necessary, without prompting
- Recommend and design solutions to optimize workflow and minimize repeated customer support activities (ex. create Intercom bots & other automation)
- Understand when items should be escalated to the Product Team and when workarounds are acceptable to solve customer requests
Professional Communication and Client Engagement; Become a true partner through offering superior support services. We want clients to feel like we provide support in a way that is respectful and educational.
- Have a basic knowledge of financial terms
- Be able to explain how to perform basic functions in Tesorio with patience and understanding
- Empower users to solve problems on their own by educating them how to troubleshoot on their own
- Make users successful by asking thought-provoking questions to understand their needs and obtain feedback to improve Tesorio
- Be diplomatic in all communication
- Maintain users at high user activity rate and raise flags with leadership or team members when potential churn is recognized
- Understand the nuances of the different roles at our customer’s user base and comfortably communicate with various levels of the organization
- Manage customer expectations
Time Management; Manage time effectively to ensure that all customer and Tesorio needs are triaged and are actively making progress.
- Ability to funnel customer needs appropriately to the Product Team with a thorough explanation and follow-up with customer regarding request status
- Provide daily customer support for day-to-day bug reporting and follow-up with customer to resolution
- Work effectively using G-Suite including: google groups, dedicated inboxes, email forwarding, and integration into 3rd party platforms
- Perform within an acceptable range of our Service Level Agreements (SLA) and meet internal metrics as defined by Tesorio
Subject Matter Expert; Become an expert using third party tools that support Tesorio Operations
- Be a self-starter and take time to become an expert in the tools that Tesorio uses to support its business. You are expected to learn quickly and become comfortable with a varied set of software that may be used internally, externally, or at the request of a customer.
Successful candidates will exhibit the following qualities:
- Naturally inquisitive
- Process oriented
- Detail oriented
- Confident, not cocky
- Problem solver
- High potential to grow into a more senior role in 6 months to a year
- Understanding of finance and accounting-related business practices or subject matter. If knowledge is minimal, must be ready to learn quickly. Being able to speak knowledgeably about this topic is important.
- Understanding of an enterprise SaaS business model with experience in delivering and implementing SaaS solutions for enterprise customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to present, manage meetings confidently and professionally either in-person or remotely.
- You are a true problem solver, possess the ability to adjust on the fly, can keep a cool head and find the best solution for all parties involved.
- Flexibility and a willingness to operate/thrive in a sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Exceptional project management abilities including time management, organization and attention to detail.
- The ability to work multi-dimensionally and keeping all parties in mind; not just solving for one.
- A sense of humor, love of collaboration and desire to always be learning! We want team players with a great work ethic.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of NetSuite, Workday or other enterprise-level ERPs.
- Licensed CPA or other similar accounting experience.
- Intimate knowledge of various business software including, but not limited to: Intercom, Salesforce, JIRA, Fullstory, Google Analytics, and more.
Tesorio is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace. We believe this environment promotes quality work, collaboration and effectiveness. Tesorio encourages applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or veteran status.
Note: This is a role within the US and we currently cannot sponsor visas.