Senior Product Designer
Engineering & Product
Tesorio’s mission is to build financial management tools that will enable the world’s best companies to grow faster and more sustainably. We use cutting-edge artificial intelligence to help finance teams see the hidden risks and opportunities ahead of them. These improvements help them work smarter and more collaboratively in order to outperform their competition.
Tesorio is a high-growth, early-stage startup backed by some of the Bay Area’s most prominent VC firms (First Round, Floodgate, Y Combinator) and the world’s top finance execs (such as the the previous CFO of Oracle, the previous CFO of Yahoo, and the founder of Adaptive Insights). Our product has been in the market for 18 months, and our customers include the finance teams at Twilio, Spotify, Veeva Systems, WP Engine, Rainforest QA, and many more.
Our team is passionate about design and how it can be used to champion the needs of the customer and business simultaneously. At Tesorio, you’ll have the opportunity to join an exciting company at the ground floor and help define how our passion for design translates into company culture. You’ll work on a category-defining product from a very early stage, so you will have a huge impact on how Tesorio will work.
Are you our next Senior Designer?
- You have a track record of leading projects from definition to launch, ensuring they succeed for both the user and the business.
- You love spending time with users to uncover opportunities, prioritize concepts, and validate design solutions.
- You are a low-ego collaborator who makes decisions for the benefit of the project and isn’t afraid to champion the best ideas, no matter who came up with them.
- You have experience thriving in a fast-moving agile environment, designing while shipping and always iterating.
- You are comfortable learning about and working in a complex domain.
- You can think big and create divergent concepts, keeping the project goals in mind, and then focus down and spec out every edge case.
- User research to understand the scope of the problem and the user needs.
- Design workshops to identify multiple high level features.
- User research to quantify value of potential features, in order to define project scope.
- Production of multiple design concepts at a wireframe level.
- User research to identify the winning concept.
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant.
- Production of pixel perfects mocks.
- Assistance in writing product specifications in association with product manager.
- Management of product quality during buildout.
- Gather post launch feedback and make adjustments to the product as necessary.
Experience and Skills
- 6+ years of experience working in UX or Product Design.
- Excellent communication skills - you can articulate the rationale for design decisions, who can rationalize every decision.
- Experience designing and running user research sessions.
- Highly proficient with design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).Highly proficient with prototyping tools (Invision, Framer, etc) Comfortable working with product managers and others on product specs.