Senior Python Engineer
Engineering & Product
We are at the forefront of creating the latest FinTech category and we are rapidly expanding our team. We’re looking for a Senior Python Engineer to work on our Data Science team.
Tesorio is a high-growth, early-stage startup backed by some of the Bay Area’s most prominent Venture Capital firms (First Round, Floodgate, Y Combinator) and the world’s top finance execs (e.g. the ex-CFO of Oracle, the ex-CFO of Yahoo, and the founder of Adaptive Insights).
We build software that applies proprietary machine learning models to help manage a core problem that all Mid-Market businesses face: managing, predicting, and collecting cash. As we’ve taken this solution to market over the last 18 months, we’ve been able to bring on some great clients like Twilio, Spotify, Veeva Systems, WP Engine, Rainforest QA, and many more.
Tesorio’s Cash Flow Performance platform is a sought after solution for the modern-day CFO’s toughest problems. Companies such as Anaplan have successfully tackled forecasting revenues and expenses, however, no other system has been built from the ground up to help companies understand the complexities around cash flow and take action to optimize the core lifeblood of their business.
What’s in it for you?
- Remote OK (Western Hemisphere) or work out of an awesome office with all the perks.
- Almost all of Engineering and Data Science work fully remote and we work hard to make sure remote employees feel a part of the team.
- Fast paced environment where you have an impact.
- Work with some of the best and brightest (but also very humble).
- Fast growing startup backed by top tier investors - Y Combinator, First Round Capital, Floodgate, Fathom.
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the data science stack and contribute daily to all parts of our code base.
- Work directly with the Data Science team to assist in building out the ecosystem for bringing models into production.
- Build and organize production workflows to bring data and the outputs of models into the hands of our users.
- Coordinate with the product team to ensure data integrity and continued proper integration.
- Create test suites for all aspects of production data science modeling and backends.
- Guide team in organizational best practices regarding data intensive systems.
- Has 4+ years of work experience.
- Expert level proficiency in Python.
- Ability to write high performance code.
- An interest in machine learning (No professional experience required).
- Is resourceful and a fast learner.
- Insatiable curiosity and ability to solve problems without established solutions.
- Excited to be working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team.
Nice to have
- Worked with machine learning in the past
- Has built data science production environments
- Example work that has been open sourced in the Python community
- Experience with large-scale data processing tools: Spark, Dask, or others.
Data Science at Tesorio
- Data science and machine learning is core to the Tesorio product and drives much of the product decisions.
- Focused on shipping new models/predictions rather than academic discussions.
- Tight integration with the Product Engineering team so that when things are built, they go directly into the product.
- We are building many automated processes to enable rapid iteration.
Note: we currently cannot sponsor visas.