Head of Data Science
Engineering & Product
Tesorio has created a platform to help the Fortune 5,000,000 run as if they had a Fortune 500 finance team. We plug into a company’s data sources about cash in/out and our job is to leverage data science to surface the most impactful actions they can take to optimize their cash flow—and let them implement those actions with the click of a button.
Our clients are empowered to share their best practices and share their bucket list of info they’d like at their fingertips. We’re looking for talented engineers to help us implement a high volume of curated ideas and reinvent how complex financial transactions can be simplified to the click of a button.
We are developing machine learning algorithms to understand business cash needs, predictive algorithms to forecast future cash flow, and a sleek UI/UX to make our products enjoyable to work with. You’ll be joining an early-stage company with a small, tight-knit team, backed by top-tier VCs (including First Round, Floodgate, Fuel and Y Combinator). You’ll work closely with the entire engineering team and the co-founders. Learn more at tesorio.com.
Exciting Data Science Projects in the Pipeline
- [Human-in-the-loop / Active Learning] Build a large-scale human-in-the-loop and active learning systems to forecast and optimize billions of dollars of working capital for some of the top organizations in the world.
- [Liquidity Risk Management] Leverage recent advances in Probabilistic Programming and Bayesian Inference to inform liquidity risk for large organizations.
- [ML Based Business Model Innovation] Think of creative ways that machine learning and data science capabilities can help unlock groundbreaking financing and insurance models in supply-chain finance.
- [Visualization] Discover trends in how companies are growing and understand their financial situation
- [Modeling / ML] Excited by solving hard technical statistical modeling and machine learning problems. Constantly stretching your toolbox of capabilities.
- [Deployment Experience] Deployed large-scale, production machine learning systems.
- [Product Experience] Enjoy building data products that elegantly leverage math/stats/machine learning to delight customers.
- [Data Science Stack] Proficient in Python, SQL, and the broader data science stack.
The ideal candidate
- Has 5+ years of work experience
- Is resourceful and a fast learner
- Excited to be working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team
- Experience in large-scale, data-rich environments
Nice to have
- Experience deploying and debugging large-scale Time-series forecasting models.
- Experience working with large-scale data processing tools: Spark, Dask
- Experience with Probabilistic Programming Languages: Stan, Pyro, Edward
Note: we currently cannot sponsor visas.