UK - Onsite London / Remote /
Engineering – Engineering - UK Timezone /
Permanent Full Time
Tessian protects every business’s mission by securing the human layer.
We're building intelligent security that works for human beings as they are, not how security policies would like them to be. Using machine learning technology, Tessian automatically predicts and eliminates advanced threats on email caused by human error - like data exfiltration, accidental data loss, business email compromise and phishing attacks - with minimal disruption to employees' workflow. As a result, employees are empowered to do their best work, without security getting in their way.
Founded in 2013, Tessian is backed by renowned investors like Sequoia, Accel and Balderton and has hubs in San Francisco, Boston, and London.
Backend Engineering at Tessian
At Tessian, we're building machine-intelligent filters to secure enterprise communications. This involves high volume, low latency data processing for some of the world’s largest organisations.
Our mission is to keep the world’s most sensitive data private and secure - to do this we're looking for backend engineers to help build out our platform supporting our next stage of growth.
The backend systems power the whole company and our teams have touch points with all of our engineering teams. From deploying data science models in production to integrating with our front end, you'll be involved in projects that span all aspects of the business.
Our teams are made up of people from diverse backgrounds; some have been building Python systems for years and some have learnt the ins and outs of Python on the job.
Read more about Engineering at Tessian:
As a Tessian Backend Engineer you will
- Design reliable distributed systems that handle high volumes of data with low latency
- Maintain and support business-critical systems
- Ship code to production every day using CI/CD techniques
- Tackle the challenges that come with processing highly sensitive data
- Value security over box-ticking
- Make your mark on ambitious projects
Our backend tech stack includes
- Python 3
- Environments built around Docker and AWS
- High volume PostgreSQL databases
- Concourse for CI/CD
- Terraform built environments
We'd love to meet someone who
- Is a great problem solver who takes pride in their work
- Values getting things done over getting things perfect
- Is comfortable with the unknown and loves to experiment
- Can construct good arguments for methodologies or practices
- Has worked with, or understands the principles behind working with data at scale
- A passionate software developer, either with Python experience or excited to learn it
- Ideally has an interest in machine learning
Why we think you'll love it here....
It’s important to us that all Tessians are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark to provide above market rate salaries - there’s plenty more too….
Be at your best, both inside and outside of work
- 25 days of paid holiday (plus 8 bank holidays, and an additional day for every year you've worked at Tessian!)
- Private health insurance provided through Vitality Health and mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program
- Classpass - subsided access to gym time and classes all across London
- Choice First: Do your best work, in the way that works best for you
- Flexible working hours and working from home (if you're not already remote!)
- Work-from-home subsidy upon joining, so you can kit out your home office
- Enhanced pension contributions, matched up to 5%
- We’re family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on, plus Tessian ANC headphones
- If you're relocating to join the team, we'll provide a contribution to help with your costs
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System...
- Every other Wednesday we stop at 5 and share team updates and drinks
- Never-ending ping-pong tournaments
Equality & diversity
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. The Human Layer we're securing is diverse, and we know we need to be diverse and inclusive to successfully create HLS that reflects this. You can read our equality and diversity statement here.
As part of our commitment to equality and diversity, we're also a corporate member of the WISE Campaign for gender equality in STEM & we're a founding member of the WEDS network driving diversity & inclusion in startups.
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters. Any unsolicited CVs, profiles, or names, submitted in any format, by any channel, to any of our team, will be deemed to fall outside any terms and/or conditions with either the person submitting the information or their company of employment/representation.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.
We're a #LI-Remote company offering Choice First working practices where possible.