Senior Sales Development Representative
London, United Kingdom
Commercial – Sales
Permanent Full Time
We believe technology should secure the digital interactions of employees without compromising user experience or productivity. That’s why we’re building the world’s first Human Layer Security platform.
We’re a team of mathematicians, data scientists & engineers building breakthrough machine learning and natural language technologies to analyse, understand & protect enterprise email networks.
Tessian is backed by leading technology investors Sequoia Capital and Accel who have helped build many industry defining companies including Stripe, Spotify, Crowdstrike and Docker.
We'd love to hear from you.
Sales Development at Tessian
Tessian grew by over 400% in 2018, and we aspire to do that again in the next 12 months. Our commercial team deals with every aspect of the client journey: making initial contact to start the conversation, closing deals, and making sure that every one of our clients has a fantastic experience and gets the maximum benefit from our platform.
Sales Development is the art and science of making something from nothing by reaching out to a prospect. Most of our clients started their journey with Tessian following outreach that sparked a conversation -- first this outreach was conducted by our founders, then our Account Executives and now by our purpose-built Sales Development teams in London and San Francisco.
You will work closely with, and learn from, a team of people who have consistently scaled one of Europe's fastest growing startups, closing deals with the largest and most prestigious organisations in the world, while still in their 20s. We know that you can achieve great things early in your career, so we take a meritocratic approach to progression. Our expectation is that Senior SDRs will apply for Account Executive or Sales Development Manager roles at the 12 month stage of their career, with ultra-high achievers given the opportunity at 6 months.
As a team of highly motivated and intelligent people, we have a strong belief that we require the brightest and most enthusiastic people to help us realise these goals. If you have a background of exceptional achievement in any field and can show that you are committed to succeeding in your career at a hyper growth technology start-up, we’d love to hear from you.
Please note: we are unable to offer Visa sponsorship for this role
Within two weeks you'll be running your own outbound selling process:
- Prospecting, developing, and qualifying prospects to build pipeline for our future growth
- Researching accounts and leads, sparking new relationships, and convincing new prospects to explore our product offering
- Connecting with prospects on the phone, via email and through social media
- Consistently meeting and exceeding monthly targets
- Being guided to think strategically through the outreach process and share expert best practice
- Undergoing coaching to develop your commercial skills.
The application process:
- The Tessian team internally reviews CVs
- You’ll have a quick call with a member of the team
- You’ll complete a short written exercise
- We’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview (c. 60 minutes) and tour at our London office
- (If required) We’ll do quick follow-up calls with team members that were unable to make the face-to-face interview
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has 6 months or more of experience as an SDR at a high growth company
- Has the passion and determination to succeed in a commercial careerCan demonstrate examples of a desire to succeed in fields they are passionate about
- Demonstrates diversity of thought and curiosityHas first-rate verbal and written communication skills
- Isn’t afraid to pick up the phone and reach out to new peopleIs results-oriented and committed to achieving goals
Why we think you'll love it here:
- It’s important to us that all Tessians are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark to provide above market rate salaries - there’s plenty more too….
- A full week of work-remote a year, in addition to 25 days of paid holiday
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Curate your career with development experiences uniquely suited to you
- We’re family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on including Tessian ANC headphones
- If you're relocating to join the team, we'll provide a contribution to help with your costs
- A plethora of breakfast options, delicious snacks, drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
- Team lunch provided on Fridays - normally with more hummus than you can shake a stick at
- Dinner budget for those times you just can’t tear yourself away
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System...
- On Fridays we stop at 5 and share team updates and drinks
- Monthly team socials & a big, whole team extravaganza every quarter
- Never-ending ping-pong tournaments
Be at your best, both inside and outside of work
Because everyone loves food...
Equality & diversity
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. The Human Layer we're securing is diverse, and we know we need to be diverse and inclusive to successfully create HLS that reflects this. You can read our equality and diversity statement here.
As part of our commitment to equality and diversity, we're also a corporate member of the WISE Campaign for gender equality in STEM, our CFO is the Chair of the WISE Campaign's Young Professionals' Board, & we're a founding member of the WEDS network driving diversity & inclusion in startups.
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters. Any unsolicited CVs, profiles, or names, submitted in any format, by any channel, to any of our team, will be deemed to fall outside any terms and/or conditions with either the person submitting the information or their company of employment/representation.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.