Product Design Lead
Tetra (YC W17) is an intelligent note-taking tool that captures and summarizes spoken conversations. Our mission is to help people be more productive and creative at work, by automating the parts humans shouldn’t be doing. In the process, we are generating proprietary training data to help us solve conversational speech recognition and tackle hard NLP problems.
Our primary users include UX researchers, recruiters, and freelancers, who use Tetra notes to have higher quality conversations and save time recording the details. We're growing fast and recently raised a seed round from Amplify Partners, Y Combinator, and top Silicon Valley angels (including CEOs of DoorDash and Hipmunk, PM of TensorFlow, & employee #5 at Dropbox.) We’re hiring to build a world-class founding team and develop the playbook for scaling an AI-based app in the real world.
We're looking for a Product Design Lead to bootstrap Tetra's design team and drive UX development end-to-end. We're building an AI-based product that has never before been technically feasible, so some of our primary challenges lie in product design: educating users about our new product category, and building trust in black box ML systems. The ideal candidate has deep experience in UX, with enough proficiency in other areas of digital product design to own the process from idea phase through implementation and iteration.
- Designing for outputs of non-deterministic ML models (speech recognition, summarization)
- Displaying long-form transcript text in digestible format
- Non-visual interfaces during the meeting to collect input without distracting the user
You should have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Humility, a sense of humor, and the ability to give and take creative feedback
- Experience designing for web and mobile, with some experience creating prototypes, or writing HTML/CSS/JS
- Demonstrated UX design work with process for variations, rationale, prototyped interactive explorations, and lessons learned
- Experience working closely with software engineers and a basic understanding of how things are built
Bonus points for:
- Interest in understanding how state-of-the-art AI works and its failure modes
- Experience with user research
- Experience with design for growth