Project Manager/Scrum Master
Open- United States /
Product – Product /
TextNow is based around a simple idea: Communication belongs to everyone. We work hard to help people stay connected by offering a solution that makes phone service free. At TextNow, we work together to solve complex and interesting problems that have a positive impact on our customers lives.
Join us in our mission to help people stay connected with technology that is free (or as close to free as possible.)
TextNow is looking for a Project Manager who has experience with scrum and agile methodologies. Reporting to our VP of Product, you will help several teams optimize their Agile processes, develop projects across the product roadmap, as well as measure and improve their delivery and planning cycles.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll be the Scrum Master for several teams. Utilize your expertise in Atlassian software tools including Jira, Confluence and Roadmaps you’ll make sure projects are co-ordinated and transparent
- Help teams plan, build and run their own highly effective and engaging cross-functional Agile teams.
- Mentor and coach teams with best practices
- Project enablement across multiple concurrent projects
- Help improve release management, resource planning, quality and delivery
- Coordinate dependencies between scrum and kanban teams
- Work with teams to develop and link project plans, Epics and Stories to overall strategy; manage individual deadlines, and goals, manage risks and issues
- Engage and communicate with project teams and company leaders
- Process improvement and updates to project process documentation
Who You Are:
- Creator of cool shit with a passion for planning, building and executing cross-functional projects utilizing Agile methodologies and Atlassian tools
- Brilliant, but not a jerk with 5+ years of Agile coaching and project management experience.
- Someone who takes action and ownership with demonstrated success managing technical projects with consumer-based software products
- Respectfully candid with significant experience working with cross functional software development, product management and marketing teams to help them build Agile practices
- A bold risk-taker and self-starter with a proven track record in delivering interdependent projects and conflicting priorities
- Resourceful and scrappy with a strong ability to understand complex technological challenges, software development and product life cycle quickly
- Industry certification is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Atlassian (and other) software development tools.
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave top up
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.