Senior Software Developer, Android
Engineering – Client
TextNow is based around a simple idea: Communication belongs to everyone. We work hard to help people stay connected by offering a solution that makes phone service free. At TextNow, we work together to solve complex and interesting problems that have a positive impact on our customers lives.
Join us in our mission to help people stay connected with technology that is free (or as close to free as possible.)
TextNow is looking for Senior Android Developers, who have solid experience (5+ years) with architecting scalable android applications and have successfully led teams of highly motivated, collaborative and intelligent developers.
What You’ll Do:
- Write clean, maintainable Android applications in Java and Kotlin using the latest programming techniques and frameworks
- Take full ownership of projects from design to deployment
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and designers
- Deploy your features to millions of users - your work will have an immediate impact
- Provide technical leadership to a team of engineers who are responsible for building a world-class Android communication experience.
Who You Are:
- Creator of cool shit with experience optimizing performance and making apps faster on slower devices.
- Brilliant, but not a jerk with 5+ years of software development experience, with a minimum of 2 years working with the Android SDK.
- Someone who takes action and ownership with a proven ability at providing input into the architecture and design of a project and prior experience building a framework for test (QA) automation.
- Respectfully candid with the ability to motivate people to take action and always be working on behalf of our customer.
- A bold risk-taker and self-starter who loves to solve challenging problem and knows how to break out codebase into maintainable and testable components.
- Resourceful and scrappy with the ability to be strategic and roll up your sleeves and execute, while setting coding best practices and guidelines for projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS / Engineering or proven to have deep understanding of object-oriented programming and CS Experience with test driven development model / mindset.
- Experience using the Android NDK
- Previously held a role in technical leadership
- Has knowledge of how the Android OS and Android Runtime (ART) works
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave top up
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.