Senior Manager of Engineering, Wireless
Open- Canada /
Engineering – Backend /
We believe communication belongs to everyone. We exist to democratize phone service. TextNow is evolving the way the world connects and that's because we're made up of people with curious minds who bring an optimistic, yet critical lens into the work we do. We're the largest provider of free phone service in the nation. And we're just getting started.
Join us in our mission to break down barriers to communication and free the flow of conversation for people everywhere.
TextNow is looking for a talented and experienced Senior Software engineering leader. You would manage and grow Wireless engineering team. As the leader of our Wireless engineering team, you will own the scaling and development of the technical strategy, and architecture of TextNow’s Wireless offering. TextNow’s Wireless offering provide free nation-wide talk and text to its SIM users and recently started providing some amount of free data to them.
You have extensive expertise with highly scalable micro services architecture
· You have experience with Golang, Kafka, K8, AWS SQS, PHP and Ruby
· You have at least 3+ years of experience managing 5+ people teams across multiple geographies.
· You enjoy working with people and developing your team
· You are passionate about high performing engineering culture and operational excellence.
· You have expertise with agile processes, continuous integration, and test automation and SDLC
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent.
· Brilliant, but not a jerk with the ability to partner with the other engineering and product leaders to execute on companies’ strategy
· Resourceful and scrappy with the ability to guide teams through tech choices in order to deliver resilient, highly available services.
More about TextNow...
· People First (Make business decisions by putting people first!)
· No Brilliant Jerks (We're cool with the brilliant part, with the jerk part? not so much)
· Give a Damn! (We care about our work, our mission and our customers)
· Challenge Accepted (Show up with a positive can-do attitude)
Benefits, Culture, & More:
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote, or access to one of our office spaces)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being (wellness credit and L&D credit)
· We travel a few times a year for various team events, company wide off-sites, and more
Diversity and Inclusion:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
TextNow Candidate Policy
By submitting an application to TextNow, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the TextNow Candidate Policy